• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Camera input

Started by studabaka, June 14, 2007, 10:22:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

studabaka

For those that aren't following the fishing tourney, I trashed my camera and also fell out of first place last night... :wo: well I actually didn't fall out of first place, more like I got run over from the back by a crazed fisherman with four poles and a can of corn  :shck: But ya would have to say my camera fell and it ain't getting up.

Anyway, I need to get a new camera and was wondering if folks here have any thoughts or recommendations. Probably need to break them into two groups..... simple, relatively inexpensive, and easy enough for a moron to take reasonable pics ..... and good field camera for taking both closeups and those longer shots.

Oh, both would be good to have a date display on pic as well as a timer so I can work on my hero shots  :biggrin: Nifty would be the ability to have FinsandFur.net show up in the pic as well, so I don't have to carry around my cardboard anymore.

Let me know if ya got any recommendations.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

awh

Stu,
I have two canon's. Can't remember the model #. Check out Globalcomputers.com or tigerdirect.com. They are sister companies and if you find something you like let me know. I have a contact there that gives pretty good deals from time to time since I buy all the stuff for work from her.

If you come up with one that stamps FNF on the pic, get two. I'll buy the other one from ya....LOL

And if you want to try out one of the canon's I have just give me a yell. More than happy to send one down. Cam uses it anyway. I'm too busy reeling in those four poles..... :roflmao:. And I'm thinking of taking 4-5 more out of retirement to see if they can handle the pressure for a while. :laugh2:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

MI VHNTR

I recently picked up a new Canon A550 PowerShot digital camera. It is a "point and shoot" model, but it also has many manual options available for use, including the timer mode, closeup mode and many other options. It also has many "scene" modes: night, snow, foliage, beach, fireworks, indoor, beach and movie. It is 7.1 megapixel w/a 4X zoom. It can take memory cards of 4 GB and up too. Most importantly, you can get up to 400 shots on a set of AA batteries. I paid under $200 for it.  MI VHNTR
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

studabaka

I made a quick swing by best buy and picked up a cannon cannon a560. It's basically the camera the MI VHNTR discribed. I like that it uses AA batteries so I don't find myself stuck without a charged battery.

"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Hawks Feather

Does this mean that there are more fish pictures coming soon?

Jerry

FinsnFur

I dont have much to offer here Stu. My camera is a digital Kodak CX6230. Nothing fancy just a budget model.  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

studabaka

I certainly hope so Jerry. I've got some catching up to do.

One feature of this camera that weedwacker will appreciate is that it has a date stamp, so once I upgrade my cardboard he will enjoy the pics more  :biggrin:

weedwalker

Quote from: studabaka on June 15, 2007, 10:18:56 AM

One feature of this camera that weedwacker will appreciate is that it has a date stamp, so once I upgrade my cardboard he will enjoy the pics more  :biggrin:

Thanks Stu,  :congrats: I just get bummed out lookin' at all those dates you get to fish, while I'm working.  :sad:

:hahaha: weedwhacker :roflmao: :roflmao:

studabaka

:doh2: Sorry about that  :roflmao:  I'm guessing I'll never get your handle wrong again  :rolleye:

weedwalker

I thought maybe you drove by and saw my yard and was giving me a hint what it needs. :roflmao: :roflmao: