• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Mountain Man Training Grounds.

Started by nastygunz, January 17, 2020, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

I grew up roaming these 2000+ acres hunting fishing camping wandering the woods. We still have a camp which I grew up in that we use which is about a 50 yard walk from the edge of our property to the wild life     management area. It's located in the tiny rural town that I grew up in so it's not unusual to go up there and spend a whole day and never see another person which is getting harder and harder to do these days.

https://vtfishandwildlife.com/sites/fishandwildlife/files/documents/Where%20to%20Hunt/Barre%20District/Pine%20Mountain%20WMA.pdf

remrogers

" spend a whole day and never see another person which is getting harder and harder to do these days."

When I was in Colorado, if you went to the trail head into most "wilderness" areas, the place was a parking lot. Going into the "wilderness" area, you would run into someone, on a beaten trail, at least every half hour. Go across the road and into the national forest, you could spend months without seeing or hearing anyone. You had to make your own trail, also. I'd use the national forest myself.

JohnP

I hunted my entire deer season and never saw anyone.  State land, NF and private NO ONE!
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

nastygunz

Part of the reason you don't see anybody up there is there is no vehicle traffic allowed and Vermont is 95% forested.  They are strict as hell too, no vehicles of any kind not even bicycles or mountain bikes and no horses allowed either.

pitw

Little rough on handicapped folk I'd think. 
I say what I think not think what I say.

nastygunz

There is a special use permit if you're handicapped but in general fish and game doesn't have a clue how to do the process.  I did not know you were not supposed to ride bicycles i used to ride my mountain bike all over that place.

pitw

Did it cost ya anything to find out?    :laught17:
I say what I think not think what I say.

nastygunz

I had a fish cop actually stopped me and told me when I was coming out of there one day. I told him are you serious? And he said yes sir. No fine 😉