• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Spring Turkeys!

Started by keekee, March 19, 2007, 06:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keekee

Well, I got up this AM and headed out to do some locating for this spring season. I got customers headed in and figured I better get my but out and find some birds! I got a couple youth hunts booked as well, I want to make sure they get birds! I love calling for the kids! I hope to finish up the Turkey video this year as well! And a couple youth hunts would top it all off very well! We went 100% guiding last year and I hope to keep the steak alive.

I got out before daylight and hit the old howler, and had two diffrent packs of coyotes light up right in front of me and behind me.....lol....Go figure! This was the first time I had heard coyotes in this area! Looks like I found a new spot!

Right at daylight I had a few birds located but they are not gobbling good yet, they gobbled several times as soon as they hit the ground then shut up. They moved to a field with several hens and put on one heck of a show! They are still some what grouped up there was two gobblers and about 12 hens.

Looks like season should hit just about right if the weather holds out. KY season should be awesome! :eyebrownod: And Ohio season will be late again! And will make for a good first week then it will get tough!

Brent

keekee

You mean no one is going out after spring Turkeys!!!!!!!!!!

No one's getting pumped up?

Brent

Bopeye

I don't hunt gobblers.........but  :wo: I do believe I will help you eat 'em if ya need me... :biggrin:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

RShaw

Brent,  The season in MO is less that a month away and I am really looking forward to it. The season is 3 weeks long and two gobblers are allowed. It used to be two weeks , but now that it is 3, I am a zombie before its done.

Randy

I place as much value on learning what not to do as I do in knowing what to do.

Greenside

Always a good time! Turkeys and mushrooms.  Going  after #40 and #41 this spring, if I find the time.

Hawks Feather

KeeKee,

I pan to go out again this year.  Last year was the first time that I was not working and could go.  It could become addicting.  On the way back from Columbus yesterday I saw about 30 walk across the road and into the field where I hunt.  I think that is a good sign.

Jerry

cb223

I know where a bunch of them are but I got a over a month to wait. Hope they will stay in the area!

I can't wait!
CHAD

keekee

I was back out again this AM. Man, what a change! The weather broke here sunny and warm...70's! At daylight this morning there was gobbling everywere!  The is not much that compares to the thundering of a bunch of fired up gobblers!!!!!!!

I got about 16 days till the youth hunts and then 5 more till we get to drag out the guns!

Brent

FinsnFur

Shoot!...that reminds me...I gotta get stuffed washed up for Morel Mushroom hunting  :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Jim,

Just use the scent block suit and those morels will never know you are there.    :biggrin:

Jerry

keekee

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Jeb

Georgia season opens this Saturday. Friday am and Friday afternoon I will be out listening !
                  Jeb

Bopeye

Quote from: Hawks Feather on March 21, 2007, 08:29:05 PM
Jim,

Just use the scent block suit and those morels will never know you are there.    :biggrin:

Jerry

:shck:....... :wo:............. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

FinsnFur

Jerry are you saying my "stuff" stinks?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Jim,

I don't know, but you are the only person that I have ever heard say "I gotta get stuffed washed up for Morel Mushroom hunting".  Just thought that maybe you had Morel Mushrooms that had a good sense of smell, like coyotes, and that you were doing something special in the wash to keep them from smelling you coming.   :iroll: 

Jerry

DirtyDog

Brent,

I should ge getting out. Our season here in TN opens next weekend. I will be scouting/ hunting at the same time. I should be up to Ohio later next month or in May, so if anyone has any honey holes, just let me know. That's NewDog..... N, E, W, D, O, G......  :eyebrow:

ND

keekee

Just let me know when your going to be here. If I have any openings when your here you know your welcome to go!

Brent

DirtyDog

Thanks Brent....I will have to check my calendar and let you know.

ND

canine

I wish I would have had the video camera with me this afternoon. My son and I was coming back from town and a field down the road from the house had a turkey out in it. we stop in the middle of the road and shut the truck off, the bird is about 250 yards out. Anyhow, i told Thane to give him a couple voice yelps to see his reaction, the dumb thing gobbles and starts coming our way, stops then goes into strut, give him a couple more yelps, he gobbles again then a second bird comes running out of the woods and right by the first bird. The race was on then, they ended up running to 60 yards from the truck strutting and gobbling. If I can get permission to hunt this spot I'll show ya some pics of these two dumba..es in a couple weeks :biggrin: And no, they weren't jakes, I'd guess from the amount of gobbling they were two year olds, had beards 8 to 10 inches I'd guess. Turkeys got to be the dumbest ass things in the woods :confused:

JD

Bob D

Quote from: canine on March 25, 2007, 08:25:39 PM
Turkeys got to be the dumbest ass things in the woods :confused:
I agree with you on that JD. Actually they seem alot smarter , or maybe more unpredictable in the spring than other times of the year. I know one thing though, they will make you crazy. You can tell the sho nuff turkey hunters around here. They walk around with their long faces talking to themselves in public.  I used to be that way but our two boys were born in the spring and I got cured from that disease. My brother has it,  goes everyday, doesn't miss for anything and he is a shining example of gobbler fever. Well he will be back to normal after the end of April ( the end of turkey season)