• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Squirrel dogs

Started by coyote101, January 28, 2017, 06:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

Jeremy (topdawg) brought his dogs to Hopkinsville for a little squirrel hunting with some friends.  :biggrin: A good time was had by all.  :yahoo:

Sugar and Peanut kept us busy. You better be ready for some walking if you're going to follow those two around the woods for hours.  :whew:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

Now that sounds fun! The one dog is so small I bet he could make it halfway up the trees :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

Quote from: FinsnFur on January 28, 2017, 07:23:52 PM
Now that sounds fun!
The one dog is so small I bet he could make it halfway up the trees :congrats:

It is great fun Jim, but there is a LOT of walking invloved.

She is a Mountain Feist, a little ball of energy that goes like the Energizer bunny. :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

nastygunz

I have to live trap me some of them fox squirrels!  :innocentwhistle:

coyote101

Come to Kentucky, nasty. We'll put you on some.  :eyebrow:

Pat
NRA Life Member

nastygunz

I would love to do that for sure!  I have been doing some studying on them but I don't think they would survive the winters  :madd:

Hawks Feather

Quote from: nastygunz on January 28, 2017, 09:15:58 PM
I would love to do that for sure!  I have been doing some studying on them but I don't think they would survive the winters  :madd:

They live in the Grand Rapids area of MI and don't seem to have any problems.  I don't know about your temps, but snow doesn't bother them at all.  Then again you might have more animals that look at them as a tasty snack.  There is a Red-Tailed hawk that comes to visit about every day but that hasn't slowed the population growth.

I know a teacher here in town (actually lives outside of town) who has a few coon hounds and also started one of the dogs running squirrel.  Not sure, but I don't think it is also used for coons, but I don't know.  He has been having lots of fun with the dog and the squirrels.  Two weekends ago he took his dog and others brought theirs for a youth squirrel hunt over in Indiana.  The kids really enjoyed it.

Jerry