• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Two new calls

Started by keekee, February 12, 2007, 12:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keekee

Been working on these new two piece calls for several weeks. Finally got something I can work with. I spent two days this weekend and managed 4 calls....lol.... Now that I got it though, they will move a little faster I hope.  :rolleye:

Your alls feed back is welcome! I can use it!

I'm going to let these two go for $30.00 each.

The first one is Bloodwood Body with a figured Western Maple mouth piece:Sold!

The next one has a Mac Ebony mouth piece and a Hard Maple Crotch body: SOLD!

Thanks,
Brent

WhiteHare

Brent,
They look good to me.  Of course I have come to expect nothing but quality from you and everyone else on here.
I like your choice of combinations. They certainly do compliment each other.
WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com

THO Game Calls

Those are SHARP!!!!!!!

I really like the maple and ebony one.

Now, here's what we have to do, we get one of yours, and one of mine, and next year at the LBL,. who ever imbibes a bit too much, with give them each one and have "bonk off"      :roflmao:

They really are pretty calls.   You did a great job on them!

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

Custom Call Makers & Collectors Guild
Call Makers & Collectors Association of America
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

quackerstacker

i'll take the ebony/maple. how do i pay ya?

steve
my name is steve and im addicted to bonkers

Hawks Feather

Brent,

Those look really good, but if I had to pick one, it would be the MacMaple.  Were these the ones you were working on for four day?

Jerry

Brad H

You did a fine job there, Brent.

I think I also like the Mac/Maple. I really like how the colors work together.

Brad

keekee

Thanks guys! That means allot comming from you all!

Now I haft to order some more woods to pick from..lol...Maybe some burls and more crotch woods, I been thinking about some high end woods as well. I killed the only piece of snake wood I had yesterday! :sad: and I killed a piece of ebony as well! :sad:

Jerry,
Yep, I worked two days on these calls, I made 4 calls in two days. These two were the out come of all that work...lol...I got two more that didn't turn out the way I wanted them to, design wise, so I'm going to keep them in the collection.

Steve,

I sent you a Pm on the call.

Thanks,
Brent

quackerstacker

Bills Custom Calls

I have a lot of Maple that was broke down in a ice storm 2 years ago it is nice and dry and I guess i could send some to anyone that might want some let me know.

Bill
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Todd Rahm

Well I might just have to have one in my hand to give an honest opinion.  :innocentwhistle:  :biggrin: You let me know when ya get your burls and high end woods in.  :wink:

The calls are nice Kee.  :congrats: 

Arkyyoter

Those look great Sir!!! You be stylin' !!!

Joe

keekee

Will do Todd! Just ordered some last night! :wink:

Thanks Joe!  :biggrin:

Brent

quackerstacker

i would like to have a heads up when you get some made from burl wood also.

steve

keekee

Not a problem steve. I will send you guys some Pic's before I post them or put them on the web site.

Brent

RagnCajn

Very unique and pretty calls. I do have a question. Does the long neck change the tone any. I have never seen any like that.
"Ain't never hit one yet, I didn't burn powder at."

keekee

Randy,

It don't change the tone much, but I had to do some adjusting to the reed and were it sets in the call to get the sound I wanted. It had more to do with back pressure than anything. I had to move the reed set down inside the mouth piece more to let the air escape out of the reed faster, to keep the call from building to much back pressure and cutting out. ( If that makes any since!)...lol

Brent

keekee

Randy,

Left this part out.

THO makes a call like this as well. His design inspired this series of call from me.

http://finsandfur.net/forums/index.php?topic=1287.0

Brent

Carolina Coyote

Brent, I really like the Bloodwood and western maple, when you get some more made up give me a holler, I be interested in having one of them. You guys going have to quit posting all these good looking calls,makes me want all of them. Carolina Coyote

desert dog

www.reeselanyards.com

"what you pay for your calls is your business, protecting them is ours"