• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Only got one this afternoon....

Started by Arkyyoter, October 13, 2006, 09:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyyoter

Jim and I went out this afternoon....made a couple dry stands...on the second stand, as we were parking the truck, a yote takes out across the pasture....Jim was trying to get on him and barked...the dog stopped just for a second or so the took off again....he barked one more time and the dog stopped for an almost immeasurable time and was leaving, obviously having no more of it!! He was walking a pretty fair distance away.....I dropped prone and got on him....held what I thought looked good and followed through after the shot....the dog went down hard as the 75 Vmax found it's mark....we measured it after the shot, it was 260 yards...

I think this was one of the longer shots I have ever made on a moving dog...

Man I am loving that little Browning.....

Joe

CCP

Thats a good shot there Arkyyoter keep them comin.  You think a browning will help me shoot like that???

You could let me borrow yours just to see     Send to pleasehelp@NorthAL  Also send some coyotes with gun :biggrin: :biggrin:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Bob D

Joe,
Another day another dog. Long shot on the move, congratulations. Did you have any problem moving the bipod around to get the shot?
Bob

Arkyyoter

No Sir Mr Bob....it is the kind than pans/cants/swivels.......

Thanks guys, I was kinda proud of the shot.....

Joe

slagmaker

NOW THAT IS A GOOD SHOT. good work on the yote.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Brad H

Pretty good running shot there Joe.

Brad

FinsnFur

Alright Joe....you got the next two weeks off, go enjoy yourself.  knock it off  :sneer:
Good gawd son are there any yotes left around there?
;)
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Dogwood Creek

I guess if they run, they just die tired. All those years in law enforcement kept you sharp with a rifle I see. Good work Joe, wish I could be there. You just may top last seasons tally. Shoot straight,R.J.

Arkyyoter

Thanks guys....having a blast!!!

RJ.....wish you and LB were still coming  :bowingsmilie:  Yotin' is good  :biggrin: I am not going to get a specific total any more!! It took a little of the fun out of it last season....I am just going to shoot as many as I can  :yoyo:

Jim, you are right.....we do now have a few days off....Muzzle loading season ( for deer) opened this morning, so now I can't have a rifle in the woods....oh well, need a few days off to get caught up anyway...way behind on calls :whew:

Joe