• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

A day of wine and salmon

Started by Okanagan, August 15, 2018, 01:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

Yesterday morning I had set up my folding fish cleaning table from Cabela's in our side yard and was starting to cut up a couple of sockeye salmon when a neighbor lady from the next block called to me as she came past on her morning walk.  She is Asian, maybe Vietnamese, and I have talked to her and her husband once.  I wasn't sure what she said but held up a salmon.  She came over, we talked fishing and when I put the fish carcass from which I had removed the fillets into a plastic bag she asked what I did with the head.  She likes to make soup from them and the whole skeleton, so I gave it to her.  I had already decided to give her one side of a big sockeye so added that and the frame of the second fish, all very clean and in a fresh new plastic bag.  She has two boys.

Twenty minutes later our doorbell rang and two Asian boys about 9 and 12 stood there with a bottle of Barefoot brand wine.  "Our mother said to say thank you for the fish," the older one said.   

nastygunz

My favorite little Chinese restaurant is run by this really nice young Chinese couple . The husband noticed that I fish and hunt so I gave him some nice fish a few times and then actually got him into fishing and now he wants to go hunting. Some people might not like them because of their race or being from China but in my experience they have the same morals and values that most of this country had 50 years ago, they work their asses off and they make their kids get educated and they make them work from the time they're tall enough to stand up and walk. And I have never seen such polite respectful kids!  You don't see too many Chinese people milking the system on welfare.

nastygunz

I'd like to take that bowl of salmon fillet's and a salt shaker and go sushi wild!🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 :yoyo:  :yoyo:

FinsnFur

Wow those fillets look absolutely incredible. :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com