• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Back from Texas

Started by iahntr, May 30, 2007, 01:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iahntr

Thought I'd drop a quick note. Wish I could show ya  a bunch of good pictures with hogs in em, but, I could show ya some pics of rain, and rain, and flooded out roads :rolleye: We got to hunt Sat. morning, and got two pigs. We got brought to tree stands Sat. about 6:00 p.m. I was in stand maybe a half hour, and a storm came in.  They got two of the guys in and got stuck trying to get back out to myself and the other guy. It rained hard until they made it back to my stand, and I got picked up outa my stand about 10:30. It rained all night, and finally quite sometime Sun. afternoon. The ranch has a river that runs through the middle of it, and it flooded out and we could not get back out to the majority of the ranch. The ranch was a nice place, we did BBQ up a little camp hog that was real tasty, the ranch mgr. was a good guy, and the owner was cool about it, and gave us the other two days that we were supposed to hunt, free for us to come back and hunt. So no BBQ this time, maybe next time.
Scott

awh

Sorry to hear that iahntr. Maybe when you take those other two days you'll hit it on the weather & critters.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

FinsnFur

Man that sucks. That was quite a jaunt for you to be presented with that ey?
Texas is a fun place to hunt, too bad you didnt score.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Thanks guys. Yeah it did suck a little, but it was a good place, and we still had some fun. We'll go back, and I'm pretty confident we can get some more next time, weather permitting :eyebrownod:
Scott

ohiobob

iahntr

Sorry to hear about your bad luck,what all was you hunting down there? just Hogs ? since you got swamped down South you can always SWING UP NORTH and Frog Gig  a "sticky fingered Red Toad" I Think the "CLEPTOE" tag is Free ?
If not it should be !!!
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???