• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Holiday Hunt

Started by weedwalker, July 05, 2010, 11:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weedwalker

A couple weeks ago, I took Jeepkid and Coyote Caller out for a quick morning hunt. Jeepkid was able to put one down.We thought we'd give it another go this weekend.
We took shotguns and hand calls to a freind of mines proprty. It's about 500 acres. 1/2 of it had been logged a couple years ago and is grown up thick. The other 1/2 is big hardwoods. We were going to sit in the bigger hardwoods and call to the thickets.
We got to the 1st stand almost on time. (Jeepkid needed a little extra sleep before we met up. :eyebrownod:) Jeepkid was on a log road behind us, and Coyote Caller and I were just inside the woods. I did some rabbit distress, then some fawn distress. Then towards the end (about 20 minutes) I started some pup distress on the green Lil-Dog. Here comes the coyote. I could see Coyote Caller was getting a little antsy, and he's trying to whisper to me "here it comes". The coyote and I heard the CLICK of his saftey going off and the coyote stopped about 30 yds straight in front of us. He shot and knocked it down. Then it tried to get back up, so he shot it down again. Then it musta blinked its eye or something :innocentwhistle: cause he shot it the 3rd time. :laf:
We made a few more stands till it got way to hot and called it quits.

FinsnFur

Quote from: weedwalker on July 05, 2010, 11:14:09 AM
He shot and knocked it down. Then it tried to get back up, so he shot it down again. Then it musta blinked its eye or something :innocentwhistle: cause he shot it the 3rd time. :laf:

:alscalls: :laf: Reminds me of my very first deer hunt. They were screaming at me...Okaaaay! Okaaaaay! He's done!, that'll do!

You guys been on a pretty could kill streak by the way :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

If they are moving keep shooting I always say.   :eyebrownod:    Congrats to Coyote Caller and to you, Ed!    :yoyo:

You are doing a good thing by showing these young men the ropes of coyote hunting.    ;yes;

cityslicker

Man I think I need to make a trip to that end of the state, lol. Good job guys :yoyo:

Bills Custom Calls

Great Job  :yoyo: Thanks for sharing. Through your words it felt like I was right there   :congrats: :congrats: on knocking another one down
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

HaMeR

He wasn't about to let that 1st coyote get away now was he.  :nono: :nono:  You fellas are sure hurting those dogs down there Ed!! Keep up the good calling!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

weedwalker

It wasn't his 1st coyote. He's done pretty good this past year.

vvarmitr

At least we ain't reading a story about the one that got away.  :laf:

Thanks for sharing Ed.  :biggrin:

linemansteve

WAY TO GO ED !! Great to see you getting it done.  Steve
No signature required,my hand shake or my word is good enough.
Saw a women texting while driving and it really pissed me OFF, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her.

pitw

I liked that story :bowingsmilie:.  Keep'em down is a good plan :biggrin:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

alscalls

WTG ED!!!!!  Sounds like you guys are working hard and having a blast!!!!      :highclap: :highclap: :highclap:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Bopeye

STOP!!!!

Ed, there isn't going to be any left by the time I get there.  :noway: :rolleye:

Outstanding Job you guys. Glad to see someone is doing good!!  :highclap: :congrats: :yoyo:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

JohnP

Good story Ed and I agree with Semp - keep shooting until they ain't moving. 

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

jdbp

way to go guys !!! im glad i didnt take those bb shells from ya ed. sounds like cc needed them more

coyote caller

Quote from: HaMeR on July 05, 2010, 05:48:21 PM
He wasn't about to let that 1st coyote get away now was he.  :nono: :nono:  You fellas are sure hurting those dogs down there Ed!! Keep up the good calling!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

lol not the first  :wink: maybe the 11th or 12th