• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Land between the lakes lives on

Started by CCP, August 05, 2006, 09:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCP

Some of you may already know I make a yearly hunt at Land Between the Lakes in TN and KY. I have made this hunt for 4 years and will continue to make it a yearly event as long as I can physically make it .This year is no different; I will be there every year. There are others that also make it. Some have also been there for the past 4 years.

Well I would like to invite everyone there!!! If you are reading this or hear of this you are invited to meet up the first weekend of FEB. It will start Friday Feb 2 and run through Sunday Feb 4.

This is a  gathering of  coyote hunters, not a commercial or money-making deal. It is a good honest get together of friends. Jim is nice enough to let us use his board to organize the whole deal and give us a place to come and talk about the details.

There are no registration fees or added expenses of any kind.

I would love to have everyone's input and thoughts post it here or send comments to CCP@finsandfur.net

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Bob D

Rich,
What town is this close to and about how many coyotes are taken each year?
Bob

centerfire_223

Finally found someone that wants to talk about the LBL hunt.

CCP, is the date a set in stone date?

I am planning on going the following week, February 7-11. This would allow the hunters that go down for the week to be able to use their centerfire rifles all week long, instead of having to hunt with a rimfire part of the week.

Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Jrbhunter

I've always wanted to make it to that hunt but I can't give up that same weekend for the Indiana Predator Challenge.  Perfect time of year to have a hunt, we've had real good weather the last few years and called up many many predators!   If you change the date please post it up- either this time around or next.  You guys will have to come "up" and visit us as well... only 2 hours north to the IPC hunt.

CCP

Centerfire 223 This is why we need everyone's input nothing in stone yet. As Feb nears I  would like to set up a vote on the dates so everyone has a say.I was planning on going that Fri and possibly staying the week. I do think the first weekend of the month would be the best before the pressure is there.

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

bigben

what is the nearest town address that way I can mapquest it and see how far.  with gas prices allready high i think the only logical way is to carpool.  also what kind of lisencing would you need.  excuse my ignorance this would be my first time there.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

centerfire_223

Cadiz, KY is close on the Kentucky side. From Cadiz it is only about 10 miles to the LBL. It is definately worth the drive to make this hunt. You will meet some of the best coyote callers in the East and make some great friendships. I look forward to this hunt from the time I leave on the last day till the following year.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

bigben

est 744 miles that is a good distance to travel.  I will still keep it in mind.  but I think I will definately be bringin a friend along to split the cost of fuel.  what is the cost of liscence and how much to stay there.  gotta start saving if it will be possible.  I will have to see if rockfish will be willin to go.  I believe centerfire knows him pretty good.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

centerfire_223

I do know Rockfish, he has come down a couple of times and bowfished with me.

I think license are about $50 bucks or so and the rooms are about the same per night. There is always people looking to share the expenses on the rooms. The cabin are super nice and well kept. I can't wait myself.

It's a ton of fun out there and getting to hunt with the guys I met here makes it even better. I hope to see you out there.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Greenside

Todd Rahm

FinsnFur

Greenside, this is a hunt that's held down on the Kentucky / Tennessee Border every year. Originally named the LBL Hunt.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Greenside

What we seem to be forgetting, Bob, is that the LBL was organized through PM. Without PM, those attending and having fun would have had no forum to use to gather together for all that fun and fellowship. So, no matter who, what, when or where, PM was there from the start.

Randy

That's from Buker on PM

Looked to me like Fins and fur might be a good gathering place for all that fun and fellowship!   :innocentwhistle:

Jrbhunter

Wow, what a fine bunch of fellas over there on PM.  :rolleye:

By the way... who are some folks that regularly attend the LBL?  I just read Centerfire's post about guys from the east- wondering who they are and how many folks you expect to attend?   

If it were a week later in February, after the IPC and into rifle season, I could get my group to go down... it won't happen with shotguns and schedule conflicts though.  I'll keep an eye on this thread for changes.

centerfire_223

There was right at 40 there last year.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Bob D

Does anyone know the number of coyotes taken during this hunt last year? I would like to go if there are enough coyotes to go around.
Bob

centerfire_223

There are a ton of coyotes out there but probably some of the smartest ones I have ever had any dealings with. If I remember right there were 5 killed but numerous ones called in.

The first year I was out there I called in 5 with 0 kills. Last year I called in 2 with 1 kill and the other should have been killed. But I either choked or hit a limb. The coyote was going through some thick stuff trying to get down wind. Probably CHOKED though!!!

Seems like I was told that the LBL had one of the highest concentrations of coyotes east of the Mississippi, acre for acre.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

canine

The best thing I liked about them was how vocal they are. They are not shy about talkin back to ya!

I am still sick about that solid white coyote that backdoored us out there last year. If he's still there i'd like to get a crack at him this year.

One of the best thing's about the hunt Bob, is the friendships made and time spent around the campfire BS'n. :wink:
Hope you decide to make it!

JD

Bob D

Hey Canine, You just talked me into going. was that easy or what? I look forward to meeting you and the rest of the people that post on this forum. I would like to partner up with some of you Pro's and learn how it's supposed to be done!
Bob

canine

Easy with that word Bob "Pro's"   :eyebrownod:

I've seen that word cause alot of trouble..  :eyebrow:

From the pics you been posting along with stories, you seem to be doin just fine.. :congrats:

Be glad to meet ya at the hunt. I gaurantee you'll enjoy the commraderie! That's what this hunt is all about :wink:

JD