• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

What would you do?

Started by MattS, April 14, 2007, 10:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Rahm

Yeah, what Joe said............send them to me too. I'm no threat for copying your work.  :sneer:

THO Game Calls

This is all a ploy - and you guys are falling right into the trap hahahhaaha

I'm trying to get you to cooy my calls, so you can sell them to me for 10 bucks a pop, then I am going to sell them to OKTrapp for 15 and he is going to sell them to whoever for 25 -

If you guys get hot and work hard - I ought to be able to retire in a few years -

Now - quit reading this and get backl to work!!!!!!!!!!!

AL
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

FinsnFur

My lathe wont be here for two weeks  :madd:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

THO Game Calls

You're such an instigator  :eyebrownod:

AL
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

FinsnFur

:roflmao: :roflmao:
Ya know what really ticks me off?
All you sons a ____tch's  see right through me and I cant even make a GOOD instagation, couldn't if I tried.  :nono:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

MattS

Jim, did you just get censored.  :laf:

--------this was a joke towards that other board--------

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Bopeye

Do I make a good instigator?  :wo:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

keekee

straycat

"If you're going to be a smartass, you'd better start by being smart before you start being an ass."

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

Pilgrim

As to the original question - I wholeheartedly agree with the following:

QuoteLet people copy your calls.   Just make sure you go the extra mile on those you make.  Sand the inside of the barrel and finish it.  Sand the mouth piece end that fits in the barrel even if no one can see it.   Fill in the grain, wipe off the glue, polish the brass - then, sign the call.  When someone picks up one of your calls and compares it to a cheap knock off, they will see that one was made by a craftsman and the other by a crook.

I might also add that endeavoring to stay original, yourself, is also a good thing.   Don't sweat the copiers - Just try not to be one.  I think that, at first, most callmakers make calls that are a product of what they have already seen - either purposefully or just subconsciously.   But in time, most seem to find a style of their own.    IMO it doesn't take a revolutionary change in design for a callmaker to push that originality envelope.  Of course there's nothing wrong with revolutionary changes in design (as long as "function" is still paramount).   However (IMO), all it takes are #1 - craftsmanship and #2 - small, but unique ideas  -  to gradually seperate a callmaker from most of the others.

Back to craftsmanship though - For collection purposes, I'd rather buy a call that looks like many others in design, but is unparalleled in craftsmanship rather than vice-versa.   It seems that some makers try to excell in design originality, but the craftsmanship is lacking.   Not that I'm a great craftsman, but I've been pretty shocked about this with a few calls I've bought.

Copiers can copy design, but they can't copy craftsmanship.

HaMeR

QuoteCopiers can copy design, but they can't copy craftsmanship.

Whats left to say. :congrats:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

vvarmitr

I'm w/ HaMeR. Very well said! :wink: