• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Too windy for the Kayak

Started by FinsnFur, September 17, 2016, 08:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Holy crap was it ever! Tried to fish a bit this morning and the 12-15 mph west winds kept running me into the shore. [emoji35]
So I pulled out and went to get my fix from shore today. It wasn't quit the same lol but I made it work.

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Looks like you had fun.  What I really want to see is a picture of you holding the second fish like the first - thumb in his mouth.  Or maybe just the picture of your thumb wrapped up in gauze after you try it.  :rolleye:   Glad you got out.

Jerry

nastygunz

Noice poike!...no anchor system on the kayak?

FinsnFur

LOL that will never happen Jerry.
You know, the way the kids followed me through my interest in fishing, that was one of my biggest fears. Was that they were going to catch a walleye or a pike and try to lip it and bring it over and show me when we were out shore fishing together.
I couldn't preach to them enough, that the only fish they can lip like that is a bass.
This sumbitch swam away with $6 bucks worth of hardware in his throat to boot. I couldnt work my jig loose with the pliers so I reluctantly cut my line. [emoji31]

Nasty, I'm not sure I want an anchor system, yet anyway. In the short time that I've had my kayak, I've found myself in too many situations where an anchor would get me into serious trouble.
For example, ruthless boats flying by me. I have to be able to quickly turn around and take the waves head on or from behind. I fear in certain situations an anchor could keep me from getting turned around fast enough.
Yeah the thing is, I like to drift and fish so that I can cover more grass lines and wood. An anchor is not going to let me do that. Also Im afraid if I get pulled into a brush pile horsing a fish...which has happened.. with the current. I'm in big trouble with the current, the brush and my anchor now.
Even though I can swim, I feel safer not being attached to anything so I can quickly manipulate the kayak.

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com