• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

It can happen fast

Started by brodieross, January 09, 2017, 12:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brodieross

I went out for the first coyote set of the season last night with a good spot in mind and good conditions. I had one come tearing in in about 20 seconds and put him down while self filming. Here's the video, give it the thumbs up if you like it! 

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

centerfire_223

Good job on the hunt, and an awesome job self filming. I never have tried it but I can see it would be so hard to get a good film.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

brodieross

Quote from: centerfire_223 on January 09, 2017, 01:18:19 PM
Good job on the hunt, and an awesome job self filming. I never have tried it but I can see it would be so hard to get a good film.
Thanks man. Ya its a lot more difficult than it seems while watching a video. I was a little disappointed I couldn't get more footage of it coming in but it happened so fast haha

Okanagan

Love it! That's a well done video, amazingly so for one man doing the filming, calling and shooting by himself.

FWIW, I'm one of the codgers who keeps his scope on the lowest setting all of the time when hunting anything, including calling.  I figure that if an animal surprises me close up, which has happened (including coyotes at arm's length), I want the scope set on as low magnification as possible.  If the animal is way out there, time is seldom as critical and I figure that I will have time to dial up, which only takes a twist without looking at the scope. 

Good hunting, good shooting and thanks for making it a good story for the rest of us.

brodieross

Quote from: Okanagan on January 09, 2017, 03:05:41 PM
Love it! That's a well done video, amazingly so for one man doing the filming, calling and shooting by himself.

FWIW, I'm one of the codgers who keeps his scope on the lowest setting all of the time when hunting anything, including calling.  I figure that if an animal surprises me close up, which has happened (including coyotes at arm's length), I want the scope set on as low magnification as possible.  If the animal is way out there, time is seldom as critical and I figure that I will have time to dial up, which only takes a twist without looking at the scope. 

Good hunting, good shooting and thanks for making it a good story for the rest of us.
I have the exact same mindset haha but for some reason yesterday I let my.habit slip...

coyote101

Great video  :yoyo: Nicely done.  :congrats:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

riverboss

Great video and job at getting it done!
I watched on my phone and couldn't tell if that was fox bang or the coyote squalling.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C HD using Tapatalk

Dave

Nice job Brodie.  I'm sure it was tough and took a lot of time - appreciate you posting it here

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

brodieross

Quote from: Dave on January 09, 2017, 07:36:29 PM
Nice job Brodie.  I'm sure it was tough and took a lot of time - appreciate you posting it here
Thanks Dave! 

nastygunz

That is an excellent video, I really enjoyed watching it, nice job!

brodieross

Quote from: nastygunz on January 09, 2017, 09:29:02 PM
That is an excellent video, I really enjoyed watching it, nice job!
Thanks man!

KySongDog

Quote from: Okanagan on January 09, 2017, 03:05:41 PM

Same here. When using a rifle, I hunt with a 2-7x scope and keep it on 2x 99% of the time.  In the woods, the shots usually come close and fast.

Good video by the way.

FinsnFur

I think there was one behind you peeking outta the pines while you were doing your closing interview :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Good eye, Jim! At 3:44 some thing definitely is running in the background.

brodieross

Quote from: KySongDog on January 10, 2017, 02:15:57 PM
Good eye, Jim! At 3:44 some thing definitely is running in the background.
Do you mean the car? Haha

Okanagan

Yeah, that movement caught my eye the first time through so I replayed it thinking that it might be another coyote, but the movement I can see at that time point is a car.  I watched it through again watching the background for another coyote.  I didn't see any but could have missed something. 

kyfuzzyface

Good Job. really enjoyed it.  Looks like you might have some competition CCP
Fuzzy

pitw

I don't like video's at best and only watched this cause of the reply's. 
When a person decides to post up a vid of a wounded coyote cause they were to busy playing with Fn toys to make a good shot I ain't impressed.  I feel it is our job to do our best as hunters to not make the quarry suffer and suffer that poor coyote did.  You would have had a better video in my opinion if you had not shot.  To each their own but I will never watch another and even CCP couldn't persuade me to.
I say what I think not think what I say.

brodieross

Quote from: pitw on January 10, 2017, 06:38:23 PM
I don't like video's at best and only watched this cause of the reply's. 
When a person decides to post up a vid of a wounded coyote cause they were to busy playing with Fn toys to make a good shot I ain't impressed.  I feel it is our job to do our best as hunters to not make the quarry suffer and suffer that poor coyote did.  You would have had a better video in my opinion if you had not shot.  To each their own but I will never watch another and even CCP couldn't persuade me to.
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.