• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

First one of the season

Started by FinsnFur, April 01, 2017, 09:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Total accident. I was rattle trapping a rock wing damn for Walleyes tonight when this beaut got in my way. 😎

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

tripnasty84

damn, look at that nice bass Sam Elliot caught! lol, jk brother(how many times a week you hear that one?), beautiful fish

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Okanagan

What a beauty alright!  Ya done good!

slagmaker

Was it brought in with your new reel?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Dave

Nice bycatch
Any cooperation with the walleyes?  Was ready to hit the Delaware river the other day to try for walleye and the rain's made it unfishable for probably a week.

FinsnFur

Yes it was Slag :eyebrownod:

I hear that from time to time tripnasty84. There's a guy at work that swears I'm Sams brother. I dont see it lol  :shrug:

Very little cooperation Dave. I dont have a boat to get out to the roller dams but the people that do have been slaughtering them for a week or better out here. A 52 year old man was killed Saturday out there. He got too close to the dam where the water crashes down in. The signs say stay back 60 feet minimum because the down draft can suck you down.
The other boats were screamin at him to get the hell away from the damn. He finally pulled his anchor up to move....he didnt start his motor first and the current grabbed him and the boat and sucked em under the rollers. The boat was shattered and his body finally popped up around 600 yards down stream according to the news.

The water has been just barely low enough around here for me to got to a few wing dams by foot. (under water dams built with piled rocks to slow water flow near landings or harbors.) I guess some people might call them reefs  :shrug:
But I'll walk out on a couple here just far enough to feel safe an try to fish those for Walleye. It usually costs me some tackle though  :laf:

I caught this beaut Sunday after about an hour and a half of crank baiting on one the same wing dam I caught that Largemouth by. Not a monster and not a full stringer but it made an awesome supper tonight.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hawks Feather

Jim,

I am glad to see that you are getting out and having fun again.    :highclap:

Jerry

Coulter

Did you convert your fishing rod into a selfie stick. I bet there's a market for that...

Nice fish Jimbo...It's spring!!

slagmaker

Water/boating safety, so many people think it won't happen to them.

Glad your getting out. I went a short bit down sand creek Sunday but never got a bite. It was cool being out on the water tho. The paddle back up stream was a bit of a work out. Water temp was right at 50*F so it's just a little cool yet but getting there.

So how ya liking that new line slinger?

slagmaker

Had to look up "roller damm", them things is dangerous. I can see the benefits but dang people is stupid and have a tendency to not head warnings..

If ya think of it please take a pic of one of them wing damms, I would love to see what we're hearing about.

FinsnFur

Quote from: slagmaker on April 04, 2017, 10:10:02 AM
So how ya liking that new line slinger?

I love the new slinger. In fact I like it so much, it's pointing out quality flaws in my other one...which I thought was the sweetest thing since sliced bread. So much smoother and quieter. Plus it unspools line like theres a blower on it. She'll cast a country mile.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

slagmaker

Cool.
Momma always said ya get what ya pay for.