• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Good eats in ABQ & Four Corners country

Started by Okanagan, May 18, 2017, 11:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

On our way home from Pennsylvania, my wife and I spent 12 days roaming the big red rocks from Arches to Bryce Canyon etc. down to Albuquerque.   Rudy's Barbecue on Carlisle half a block north off I-40 in Albuquerque is superb.  We got in line between some young pilots in flight overalls and had a great meal.  The line is out the door at noon on weekdays but they move it fast.

Big John's Barbecue in Page, AZ is a close second.

At an outdoor Farmer's Market in Torrey, Utah we got outstanding wood fired pizza.  45 minute wait and worth every minute of the wait.

Villa de Capo Italian restaurant served up superb food, on the corner of Central Ave. and 8th in Albuquerque.  We ordered some special concoctions their chef cooks: with eggplant, mushrooms, sausages and cheeses with some kind of pasta.  Really outstanding and good price, about $15-18 each.

The blue pancakes made with Navajo blue corn meal, at the Thunderbird Lodge at Canyon de Chelly are good, better than I anticipated.

On a side note, a friend talked me into a guided jeep tour in the bottom of Canyon de Chelly, and a torrential rain started about 30 minutes into our trip.  Within minutes great waterfalls were plunging off of the red rock walls above us, some falling free for 600 feet I'd guess.  The waterfalls stopped within 10-15 minutes after the rain quit. 

If you can only see one thing in the SW I'd make it Canyon de Chelly even over Grand Canyon. 

riverboss

Sound like a great trip with lots of good food.
My all time favorite place to eat in my travels was Rubes steak house in Iowa!
Home of the grille your own🍻.

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

FinsnFur

"Blue pancakes made with Navajo blue corn meal"
Now that sounds interesting :wo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com