• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Old pictures

Started by JohnP, June 01, 2017, 11:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

In a different life and different world many years ago. 

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Hawks Feather

John,

Thanks for serving.  It is pretty easy to pick you out in that picture.  You are the one in the black beanie (or at least that is what we called them around here).

Jerry

pitw

Was there something wrong with that plane?  Lotta guys baling.
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

VERY different world.
Pretty cool pics :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

JohnP

Quote from: Hawks Feather on June 01, 2017, 01:52:42 PM
John,

Thanks for serving.  It is pretty easy to pick you out in that picture.  You are the one in the black beanie (or at least that is what we called them around here).

Jerry

Beanie!  we called them "watch caps" I think that is what the Navy calls them.  An old friend sent me that photo with an e-mail that said in part "I can't find myself,can you find me?"  I replied "Damn find you hell no, I can't even find myself."  There are three of us that agreed on a jump when we reach eighty.  I am the oldest so our first jump with be in about two years, the next oldest is a year behind me and the third is about six months behind him, so I'll be pushing eighty-two when all is said and done.   

Hawks Feather

John,

Can you tell that I was not in the service?  If not, you do now.

Jerry

gravesco hunter

THANK YOU just doesn"t say enough.

JohnP

Quote from: gravesco hunter on June 02, 2017, 08:09:55 PM
THANK YOU just doesn"t say enough.

Yes it does.  Like Pat said in another post it was an honor to serve.  Besides that just think about it, what other employer gives you two pair of boots, one pair of low quarters and work clothes on your first day on the job.  Then you get a bunch of camping gear at no cost PLUS a rifle and all the ammo you can shoot, and you can travel around the world at no cost.   I would do it all over again if I could.