• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Bear came to local barbecue

Started by Okanagan, June 15, 2017, 06:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

Today as I was renewing my car insurance, the lady behind the counter told me a bear story.  She lives in the edge of town where black bears roam and she has a barbecue grill on her back deck.  She was cleaning it after cooking, scrubbing away with a wire brush when she noticed neighbors on a deck some ways off yelling and finally realized they were trying to get her attention.  A black bear had walked right up behind her and sniffed, then left before she turned.  She never saw it, and said that she was glad she didn't because it would have scared her to death.

FinsnFur

They woulda shit themselves if the bear made it up to her, savagely tossed her around and then drug her limp body back into the treeline. :shock2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

The bear would have shit himself if she turned around and ventilated him with her desert eagle and then threw his ass on the grill and invited the neighbors over for a bearbbq :innocentwhistle: :biggrin:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

I think I just invented a new word "Bearbbq".....🤓

Okanagan

bearbq -- I like it!

Another friend of mine on the other end of town lives in a usual tract home in a row of them, but his back yard butts up against a forested mountain.  Wild critters roam the hillside and some come into his back yard.  While we were barbecuing on his deck a few years ago he showed me a big nose print where a bear had come onto the deck the day before and pressed its nose against his sliding glass door.

The animal control officers around here hate backyard BBQ grills...   :biggrin:

KySongDog

While on a three week RV trip around Alaska, we used a portable gas grill most every evening.   I always took it back inside the RV at night.  The rental people said it might help avoid an unwanted "visitor".   :laf:

Hawks Feather

Quote from: KySongDog on June 16, 2017, 09:13:00 AM
I always took it back inside the RV at night.

I am not real sure, but I think Grizzlies refer to RVs as Meals on Wheels.

Jerry

Okanagan

Quote from: Hawks Feather on June 16, 2017, 10:15:50 AM
Quote from: KySongDog on June 16, 2017, 09:13:00 AM
I always took it back inside the RV at night.

I am not real sure, but I think Grizzlies refer to RVs as Meals on Wheels.

Jerry

Just imagine being a bear who digs up roots and eats them dirt and all, who rakes open rotten logs to eat bugs along with bits of wood, sweetish cedar underbark in spring, berries in season along with leaves and twigs and maybe once in awhile catches a live rodent or even a fawn to eat raw -- and you get a whiff of baby back BBQ ribs with Sweet Baby Ray sauce...

KySongDog

There was a locked storage compartment at the rear of the RV accessible from outside only.   

Ya didn't think I put the grill under my bed, did ya?    :alscalls:

Quote from: Okanagan on June 16, 2017, 03:19:34 PM
.............. and you get a whiff of baby back BBQ ribs with Sweet Baby Ray sauce...

Now I'm hungry.   :laf:

FinsnFur

Quote from: KySongDog on June 16, 2017, 04:13:49 PM
There was a locked storage compartment at the rear of the RV accessible from outside only.   

Ya didn't think I put the grill under my bed, did ya?    :alscalls:

:laugh2: :laf: :alscalls: Did ya?...he says. :alscalls:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

Ohhhh mannnn, i always keep a good supply of sweet baby rays bbq sauce on hand :yoyo:

HaMeR

Thats some good BBQ sauce but it's too sweet for me. I like the KC Masterpiece Honey myself.  :eyebrownod: :eyebrownod:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

riverboss

Alright!! Now I'm going to have to go to the new BBQ place down town!🍖

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

slagmaker

The sweet baby rays is used by everybody. So I go to a shop that has all kinds of sauces, from mild and smokey to extremely hot and spicy. In fact I need to go get some new ones as I am out of every thing except my scorpion sauce and that stuff is awesome in flavor but to hot for everyday
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Okanagan

Quote from: HaMeR on June 17, 2017, 05:58:10 AM
Thats some good BBQ sauce but it's too sweet for me. I like the KC Masterpiece Honey myself.  :eyebrownod: :eyebrownod:

Baby Ray's is too sweet for me also, as are most of the commercial BBQ sauces.  I figured a bear would like it however!

HaMeR

Prolly would! I have to agree with the sweetness of most BBQ sauces. However whatever is on the ribs that got baked for supper I'll not turn my nose up at it. lol
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

JohnP

Quote from: HaMeR on June 22, 2017, 03:11:49 PM
Prolly would! I have to agree with the sweetness of most BBQ sauces. However whatever is on the ribs that got baked for supper I'll not turn my nose up at it. lol

Bingo.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs