• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Lower Columbia River photo test with Imgur

Started by Okanagan, July 01, 2017, 09:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

Last week on my shad fishing foray, I drove up the Washington State side of the Columbia River from near Portland, OR to Kennewick, WA.  Lush green on the lower River, called the Columbia Gorge for good reason.  First two pics are from atop a high cliff called Cape Horn where the crooked two lane highway has a pull out. 

Looking over the stone guardrail I'd guess it is 1000 feet vertical down to the pasture along the river.  The dark bump way off upriver just left of upper center is Beacon Rock, a 900 foot high tower of basalt rock, 140 miles upriver from the mouth and the upper end of tide effect.

Bridge of the Gods, below, photographed from my breakfast table at the Bridge Side Café.  Toll bridge. The restaurant is almost under the bridge on the Oregon side.  Superb breakfast.  Way back sometime there was a natural stone bridge across the river at this point.  It fell in before Lewis and Clark came through here, the narrowest point on the lower river. 

River tour boat coming through as we ate breakfast.

Todd Rahm

As far as the test part, I think its working.  :biggrin:

Looks like some beautiful country.

JohnP

WOW, I agree with what Todd said, beautiful country.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Dave

Nice pics.  Funny - my mind went right to Lewis and Clark after you mentioned the Columbia Gorge, then you bring them up a few pics later.
The boat in the last pics really helps you realize the size of the river.   

FinsnFur

Yes on that test lol
Man that water look like it was pretty swift! Nice looking country
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com