• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

here is my latest howler I made(not for sale)

Started by bigben, September 04, 2006, 04:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

here is my latest howler I did.  I schalloped the end and did a different type of toneboard.  the air channel is square like a critrcall air channel.  I can get more range on the sound this way.  I can go from a young pup to a deep alpha and still be able to get that medium howl easily.  still easy to blow air through and does not break pitch.  let me know what you guys think.  any constructive critism is greatly appreciated.  I will try to get a sound clip up in the next few days. 

"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

FinsnFur

Nice job Ben.
So you made the tone board yourself?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Brad H

bigben

yes I did make the tone board myself.  I made it on a milling machine.  but I did the profile on a belt sander.  I finish it and tweak it with a file.  then I scrape it so there are no machining marks in it.  it leaves for a good lookin tone board. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

bigben

thanks for the compliments.  I have only made 6 so far.  with each one I change something and make it better. 

Bob D

keekee

nailbender

Todd Rahm

bigben

here is a sound clip.  it is from another howler that is not pictured but is the same type of tone board. 

Click here to watch howler sample

Bob D

THO Game Calls

That one looks sharp Ben.  The one I got from you is a sweet little number.

You have to zip me some pics for my site.

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

bigben

you mean the call pictured above?  can do.  I have a database with the sound file the type of reed and toneboard along with a sound file and who it went to started.  and here is another one.  this is the howler that produced the above sound file.  this one is the loudest I have ever made next to the one at the beginning.  but yet canbe turned down by not applyin as much air.

browning204

FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!