• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Rating some calls

Started by possumal, December 15, 2007, 06:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich

"Rich:  I don't know how my post about Loren's calls offended you or challenged you in any way, and I fail to see how it is ignorant for someone to give their opinion about somebody's calls. "
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:doh2:

Al,

There are quite a few folks on this board who would like to hear a little bit of your coyote wisdom. Would you mind  explaining one of your special sound sequences that you created just for calling coyotes? Please include why you chose each sound in the sequence, and what a coyote thinks when it hears the sound. Explain the reasons for each pause, and etc. It would also be helpful if you could reveal how many decoys you take to each stand, what the decoy is, what a coyote thinks when it sees the decoys and etc. Please tell us about your special  chair, the special tripod to hang your Scorpion on, and any other equipment needed in order to call coyotes like you do. Inquiring minds would love to know.
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

possumal

Rich: I have made ample posts explaining various setups that have worked for me, and some that have failed.  The pauses in the sequences are no different from calling with a mouth call and then watching, calling again, watching again, etc.  Go to www.varmintal.com and listen to some of the sequences and it is self evident which animal sounds are used and when. As far as what a coyote thinks when he sees a particular decoy, I haven't got a clue, and I doubt anybody else really knows.  I have watched them switch from audio mode to video mode, much like George Brint talks about when using his Predator Supreme decoy, and it is a sight to see. I don't use decoys and scent on every stand, but when I do, it is usually a coyote decoy and either fawn decoys, turkey decoys, fox decoys, and the appropriate sound sequence to match the decoys used.  Hope that explains it to your satisfaction.  My lastest sequence, Coyotes & Kid Goat has been really impressive in the numbers called in for the times used.  It is done in stereo for anyone who likes that feature and have the setup to use it.  I field tested the Scorpion with good results, all reported, and concluded those tests and reported same to Foxpro.  My test model was returned, and I have used the FX-5 ever since.  My "Special seat" was something I needed in S. Dakota where there were few trees to sit back against, and I was having serious lower back trouble at the time.  The tripod is a work in progress and is real handly to place the caller and decoy together where there are no bushes to hang it in. My experience has been that all of the ecallers sound better and work better when elevated a few feet off the ground.  I will consider this post adequate to complete a simple post that praised Loren Reese's calls.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

FinsnFur

I think you took the bait hook line and sinker Possumal. :innocentwhistle:

Almost every post you make goes into unbarred detail on:
Your coyote wisdom.
Your special sound sequences that you created just for calling coyotes
What a coyote thinks
Your special decoy/s
What a coyote thinks when it sees the special decoy/s.
Your special  chair,
Your special tripod to hang your special Scorpion on.

It does get a little monotonous going through the infomercial routine every time. Just being honest. :shrug:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

possumal

Jim: No infomercial here, and no fish biting either. Just trying to set the story straight. Can you honestly tell me that when you look at this simple post that recommended Loren Reese's calls, and look where it went and why, that I caused that? My entire purpose in posting anything on this forum or any other forum is to share ideas and knowledge. If that offends you, I wouldn't read any of my posts if I were you. Just being honest.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

KySongDog

:corn:  I think a need a cold drink.......be right back.......

FinsnFur

No I'll agree Al the original post of yours here didn't go into the usual infomercial routine that we've all typically seen from ya....but  giving your past history I can still see why the thread went where it did.

Quote from: possumal on July 13, 2008, 10:20:28 PM
If that offends you, I wouldn't read any of my posts if I were you. Just being honest.

:shck: You've got to be kidding me? I'm not suppose to read your posts if they offend me. Let me tell you something Al...your posts dont offend me, but if they did...no one would be reading them if you know what I mean.
You kinda suggested that to the wrong person.  :iroll:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Todd Rahm

Rich, I commend ya on your stance and standing behind it. I don't know Al and don't have any issues with Lorens howlers, but when I first read it. I thought it was a very bold statement or a lack of experience, neither I could judge not knowing Al. I also just took at it as an endorsement of an endorsement for a business associate type of thing. So naturally I didn't respond to it, but I didn't want ya think you were alone in raising an eye brow to it.

Todd Rahm

Al, after reading my post I thought I should clarify.

QuoteThe KO Black Coyote howler is the best sounding, easiest to blow howler I have ever handled.

With all the custom howlers out there I just thought it was hard to swallow, that a molded production call was the best sounding one ya ever handled. Thats it, nothing else honest.  :wink:

canine

Damn Al, I feel for ya, not only are ya questioned about how many coyotes came in on a stand, now wether or not your lying about your own damn opinion  :rolleye:

JD

Todd Rahm

JD, thats a profound statement coming from a fella who sold out his opinion?   :wink:

keekee

:sad:  Good Lord!   :rolleye:

Brent

desert dog

Enjoy the summer!!!!

Loren
www.reeselanyards.com

"what you pay for your calls is your business, protecting them is ours"

Rich

"JD, thats a profound statement coming from a fella who sold out his opinion? "
-------------------------------------------
Todd,

I think JD is a sponsor for a few hunting related products, but I don't see that as a "sell out".  JD knows quite a lot about hunting, and I have never seen any of his post's that made false claims about anything. As long as JD hangs on to his honesty, I certainly have no problem with his being a sponsor of hunting products.
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

Bopeye

Did anyone know where bam bam bam bam bam bam bam?

I said did anyone know bam bam bam bam bam bam bam?

Wait a minute.

Did bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam?

:doh2: :madd:

Did anyone bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam?

Bam bam bam.

Really?  :holdon:  :shck:

:sick2:

;yes;
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

LORDDAL

Quote from: desert dog on July 15, 2008, 10:12:46 PM

Enjoy the summer!!!!

Loren

now thats what Im talkin about I want to go fishin up your way

and who let Bop watch the tv commercials again honestly  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

FinsnFur

Yea...I was gonna say...sounds like that TV commercial Bopeye
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

possumal

Darn Loren, enjoying the summer ought to be easy with fish like that!  What a monster. Congrats. :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

alscalls

Nice Fish!!! and thanks for sharring. :eyebrownod:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

cb223

How much did that fish weigh? That's a nice one!  :bowingsmilie:  I've caught my share out of Lake Michigan but none that big!!!!
CHAD