• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

New howler design(PIC)

Started by AWSparrows, October 17, 2006, 10:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AWSparrows

First let me say........Hello everyone, looks like a great site.

I made a new howler design today and just thought I'd ask for some opinions. Its 4&3/4" long and the ID is 1&1/8" at the bell.
Here it is, tell me what you think.
Thanks
Aaron

Todd Rahm

Hey AW,

Thats a very nice look'n howler.  :congrats: I really like the transition from the tone board to the barrel. In most case when using the narrow tone boards, the call looks awkward in the transition from board to barrell. I have seen variations that work and most are tapered in an such, but I really like the way you did yours. It gives the howler a flow from one end to the other, and I think your possabilties are limitless with that transition. I really do like that and nice job!  :congrats:

Be safe, and welcome to the board,
Todd

FinsnFur

I'm not real keen on the wood color, but the call looks great  :wink:

It has the looks of a closed reed but it's an open reed. Did that make sense?  :confused:

Very unique. :congrats: Welcome to the site.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

keekee

I like it. Looks bigger in the pic for some reaon. Maybe the tone board size that makes the call look big.

Like todd I like the way the top is tapered down to the tone board and the finish looks good as well.

Whats the sound like? Thats what counts. High piched or Low? Should be load with the big bell and long sound chamber. Give us some details!

Brent

AWSparrows

Thanks guys.

FnF,
I make closed reeds in that design. That's what I was thinking as I was turning it, it looks like a jumbo closed reed. :laf:
I made that out of curly maple just to see what it would look like.

KeeKee,
In the shop it has a med. to low pitch to it. I Have to mess with it outside to really test it out.

Here are a couple more pic's.

Thanks for the replys and comments, I appreciate it.
Aaron

FinsnFur

:shck: Did he just call me an FnF'r?  :huh:

Looks good Aaron  :wink:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

AWSparrows

FinsnFur

That's what Todd nick named us all.  :eyebrownod:
Sounds like my kids trying to swear so they abbreviate everything to remain within some kind of limitation.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Arkyyoter

Good stuff!! Love many of those combinations...thanks for sharing!!

Joe

Todd Rahm

Lol.........Aaron its like a biker badge.  Ya have to pledge and ride with us for a year to get it.  :roflmao:

Just funn'n.  :innocentwhistle:

That Zebra and lace wood set looks nice too.  :wink:

AWSparrows

:hahaha:
I'd ride with ya'll but I don't think you could hang with my old Huffy. Its black with flames and say "sit on it" on the chain gaurd. :eyebrow: :yoyo:

Thanks Joe, I appreciate it.

Todd,
Can you see the Lace and Zebra woods? Those pic's are blurry. I just finished another set today, I'll take better pic's and post them.
Thanks.

Bopeye

Well...........when do I get my "badge"? I'm gonna pout until I get one.  :pout:

Notice I said pout, not shut-up.   :laf:

Foxpro Staff Infection Free