• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

New structure

Started by FinsnFur, July 23, 2006, 10:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

I'd like to restructure this part of the forum somehow, but I'm not quite sure how to do it.

Obviously we should probably separate the hand calls from the E-calls...but I'd like to go beyond that to give you guys that make calls a better chance to expose your stuff.

Almost anything is possible with this new software, maybe that's why it's so tough trying to figure out what to do.

You guys that make calls....have any suggestions or preferences?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

keekee

Come on guys give us some feed back!

SPEAK UP! This is your alls forum!

THO, BradH, RJ, Rich, Yellerdog come on guys!

Brent

Brad H

I don't know if you want to sub forum this or front page all of them but you should have;

Electronic callers

Custom calls, and or custom calls for sale

Production calls

And then something for making your own call. I don't think anyone has anything like that. Kind of a question, answer, instructional, how to, where to get material thing.

Some of these may not get as much traffic as others but that can be adjusted when we see what works. That's just a first rough idea.

Brad

FinsnFur

I like that "building how to" idea.
But would it create any conflict with call makers. Meaning how many would be willing to share some tips and advise?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Brad H

I know I would but it may take a few more volunteers to solidify the idea. I couldn't imagine too many not helping.

Brad

keekee

I got some stuff saved I would add in there now. I dont care a bit to help out other call makers.

Brent

canine

Brent, you could start helping me out by givin me your lathe and treatin yourself to a new one :congrats: :yoyo:

JD

Yellerdog

Most call makers will share their ideas and help out. :readthis:
In fact many really enjoy helping other get started.
If any call makers have a problem sharing, well they can just keep quiet. :shrug:
I think Brad has got some pretty good suggestions.

THO Game Calls

I'll be happy to share what I have learned.  It aint much, but it might show people how not to dp it :)

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Todd Rahm

I'm thinking out loud here.

Maybe a "Hand Call forum" for all the discussions about calls like "How too's","Can any one tell me about Johny Stewart PC-3", "Can anyone identify this old call"...etc. Just a general open discussin type forum.

And of course "Custom Call" forum for the fellas to show and sell their spinners and such.

I'm not to sure I would put up a "production forum" as I don' think there is that many production calls at the level that they will spend time in the forum. Plus for the few that do make a small line production, I think they would miss out on sales if there were only a couple of them, because I'm not sure the traffic will be there for them. Just a thought.

Then "Electronic Calls" Forum

I'm just guessing ya don't have to break the forums down that much, it just gets corn fusing sometimes, and I miss a lot of post that way myself.

:shrug:

FinsnFur

At the original time of this post, we had one forum for hand and electronic.

What we have now I think will work much better but certainly is easy to change, and that is The general forum Game Calls.
Inside you have three sub forums; The Store, How to's, and E-Callers.

Directly under those is the general Game Calls threads like this one. It's pretty simple, but you gotta scroll down to see the regular threads under the sub forums.

That'd be great Al, thanks.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Jerry Hunsley

This is just my two cents. Why not feature every  so often a call maker and show his calls and a short video of his liking on using and demonstrating different sounds that can be made with his calls. In otherwords just showcase someone every once in awhile. I am new to this forum and I don't know a lot of peope. It would be kinda nice to put names with faces.  :shrug:

FinsnFur

I like that idea Jerry. But I don't think everyone here that makes calls has access to a video camera.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers