• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

3 leg coyote

Started by KySongDog, December 03, 2006, 08:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

I shot this 3 leg coyote a week or so ago while deer hunting. Pure luck that I saw him before he saw me. The left rear leg was completely gone. Fur covered the hip area where the leg should have been. The dog weighed about 40-45 lbs or better based on the fact I had to drag him to the four wheeler.  There was a mate running with him that looked identical except for 4 legs. Couldn't cycle the bolt on my 243 fast enough to get a shot off at it though. Now if I could just learn to call 'em in......

Thought this might be something a little different to take a look at.

Semp

Arkyyoter

Neat pic....thanks for sharing...could have been several things that happened to that other leg.....

Joe

Radd4

Cool pic thanks for sharing.

Rus
Radd4
Retired USAF
Desert Storm Veteran
Remember to thank those who are serving our country and the families of those who have died to keep you safe...Our Troops, Police and Firemen deserve our thanks"

FinsnFur

whoa, that one is RRReeal light aint he?
Nice Semp  :wink: You got any other pics of it?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

straycat

LUCKY !.............OH NO !!............Why'd ya shoot my dog?     :laf:

Looks almost the color of a yaller lab.Nice.
"If you're going to be a smartass, you'd better start by being smart before you start being an ass."

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

yucca

You have some big ones were you are. Congrats.

KySongDog

FinsnFur,  Here's the only other pic I have of it.

Sorry if I shot your dog, Straycat. Do Labs have pointy ears and bushy tails too?   :confused: Maybe this is a coyote/lab mix coydog or something. His nose was not as pointy as I've seen on some.  His teeth were chipped and wore down so I figure he was pretty old.  There was another one with him that looked almost the same but smaller.
Semp

Jeb

Does look like a dog mix, Congrats !
               Jeb

FinsnFur

Mannnnn that is doggy looking.
Where ya at Semp. Are you really near the Texas/Mexico Border?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

FinsnFur

My mistake......your in Kentucky right?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

KySongDog

Yep, I'm in West KY.  Where I hunt the wombats don't even go.  :laf: Real thick stuff bordering old reclaimed strip mine land. Like I said in my very first post, I'm a NOOBIE at this whole predator hunting thing. Deer and turkeys are what I do best. Looks like my coyote career is getting off to a ...uhm...shakey start.  :innocentwhistle: When I saw pointy ears and bushy tails working into the wind just inside the tree line, my brain said coyote and then I felt recoil.

Semp

centerfire_223

Man seeing that picture reminds me of Nubs the three legged LBL coyote... can I post a picture???? PLEASE!!! :yoyo:
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

KySongDog

centerfire_223

Yes, pullleeeze...by all means, post a pic! When the talk turned to Labs and dogs, I was praying SOMEONE would hijack this thread and fast!  :laf:

Semp

centerfire_223

Semp, I thought I had a picture showing the three legged dog but I don't. Sorry, about that.

Now back to this funny look coyote you got. That sucker does favor a dog, anyone think this may be a coy dog?
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

ROOSTER

That Dingo ate my baby !!!  :roflmao:

straycat

Here ya go Ronnie !  :laf:    I think JB is in LOVE !     :shck:

"If you're going to be a smartass, you'd better start by being smart before you start being an ass."

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

Hawks Feather

Three legs and still fast enough to catch things to eat.  No wonder they are spreading everywhere.

Jerry

paint

Did you say you was in the kentucky area because a friend of mine deer hunts somewhere in kentucky and told me a few weeks ago they see several coy dogs.