• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Hunting Setups 2....

Started by centerfire_223, December 05, 2006, 06:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

centerfire_223

After posting the last picture of land and discussing the setups. Jim posted that it would be nice to have a picture that didn't have all of the markings on it. So here is a farm I hunt, the only thing I  have marked are the property boundaries. After we take some time and discuss it, then I will fill in the missing blanks that I have found from hunting it. So have at it guys.

Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

centerfire_223

What's wrong doesn't anyone want to play? I will make it eaiser I will fill in a few of the blanks.

The red outlines are the thickets and swamps. The one on the far right is the swamp that runs for miles down that draw. There are coyote sightings in the pastures on a regular basis.

The yellow spots are places where I have killed coyotes in the past.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

FinsnFur

:confused: Some how I missed this Ronnie
Heading to work right now....I'll check in later. Interesting photo.  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Jimmie in Ky

Good one Ronnie, and you have been kind enough to show the guy's th two main travel routes through there with the second photo. If folks will look closely they can see the contours of the land even across the open fields.

Although I would have to put my vote in for the one to the far right. It conitues on through the area.It would be the more consistant producer of the two. Jimmie

FinsnFur

Here's my take on it.

The yellow arrow looks like a nice travel lane. Which would make that little patch of wooded area by the orange flame a good entry area for coyotes approaching if an e-caller was placed in the dark spots I outlined with purple diamonds.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

centerfire_223

Give Jim an A+... Your exactly right. Where you put the arrow, that is a creek that runs down in there and it is pretty thick all the way through that open area. It also drops off into the swampy area. The small section of trees where you have the fire at, that is open hardwoods with some pines mixed in with them. I use to call from there and have called in two coyotes on that stand. Both of them came out of the swamp.

The purple square that is almost in the middle, that is my new calling spot. That is a huge oak tree that sits almost at the top of a big hill. It makes for a longer shot but you can sure cover some ground. If a coyote sticks his head out you can see him from that stand.

Jimmy spotted the other travel lane, it is at the bottom of the picture. Pretty easy to see. They cross the road and enter the clear cut on the right and follow that band of trees all the way along that side. It also has a creek running through it that is thick. Mr. Bobcat likes it down on this side. He has been seen several times over there.

I will mark where I make my stands and why a little later.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-