• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Biggest one ever!

Started by FinsnFur, December 05, 2006, 06:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Joe and I were out calling this morning...the weather finally broke the sun was shining perfectly for hitting up the old logging road we been waiting to dry up.

We made it up to Kenner Creek at sun up, the wind was so perfect, lightly coming in from the west. We grabbed our gear and stealthily made our way up the creek bed to base of the old loggin roads and decided to set up back to back. Joe was facing east straight down wind, and I was looking straight into the wind with a good fieled of vision to the cross wind areas.

I started out the stand with some squirrel in distress sounds I learned to imitate with my new THO call jewelry. Man I like that sound.
I dont think it was 3 minutes into the stand when this huge boy comes screaming in. Heading right for Joe like a grey fox...not a worry in the world.
Joe pulled up on him, and before he could get em in the scope ended up firing one off. Kapeeeeeeeoow echos through the trees.
The thing did a tail spin and started headed out the same way we came in, and in a big hurry.  :shck:

Joe and I grabbed our stuff and ran after it thinking we could get one more shot if we caught it in the clearing, as long as it wasn't too close to the road.

We made it but barely. I really shouldn't have taken the shot, SO close to the road but my adrenaline got the best of me. Stupid Stupid Stupid...but thank god nothing went wrong and we put some fur on the ground.  :yoyo:

Me and Joe  :congrats:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

stevecriner

Sweeeet! I nominate it for the bloopers.
" I love coyote huntin",and the folks that learned me the way"

Hunters Specialties
"For Sportsman, by Sportsman"

Radd4

I nominate it for HOM :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:   
Just Kidding please don't ban me. I promise to play nice from now on.
:innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle:

Rus
Radd4
Retired USAF
Desert Storm Veteran
Remember to thank those who are serving our country and the families of those who have died to keep you safe...Our Troops, Police and Firemen deserve our thanks"

FinsnFur

Taker over there and post it for HOM Rus  :laf:
But make it out like your in the hero shot. Just sign it Ken and Joe or something  :biggrin: :innocentwhistle:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

stevecriner

Russ is to chicken butt to do that!!!!
" I love coyote huntin",and the folks that learned me the way"

Hunters Specialties
"For Sportsman, by Sportsman"

KySongDog

"whoa, that one is RRReeal light aint he?"

I think I may have seen his running buddy.......  :eyebrownod:

Semp

coyotehunter_1

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Bopeye

Yeah I bit........hook, line and sinker....... :eyebrownod:

That sure is one big rat!!!

:laf:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Radd4

Jim,

If you email me the picture I'll do it.  But you know I will get banned by kermit for it.  Steve called me a chicken butt, what is that?  I've been called a chicken shit but not chicken butt.

Rus
Radd4
Retired USAF
Desert Storm Veteran
Remember to thank those who are serving our country and the families of those who have died to keep you safe...Our Troops, Police and Firemen deserve our thanks"

Bopeye

Quote from: Radd4 on December 05, 2006, 08:55:19 PM
  Steve called me a chicken butt, what is that?  I've heard of chicken shit but not chicken butt.

Not really sure, but I'm told you can see them clinging to each other occasionally........ :biggrin:

FinsnFur

Clinging?  LOL!  :laf:
Rus...right click on the picture, and then click "save as"
Save it to your desktop.

Or right click on the pic, (hey! that rhymed!  :innocentwhistle: ) and then click on properties. Which will give you the address of the pic in which you can use in the post if you want.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Todd Rahm

:biggrin: Thats a funny for sure!! Had me hooked for a moment.  :innocentwhistle:

Hawks Feather

I was expecting some other animal.  But I can say that it sure looks big compared to those two men.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Yeah Joe and I aren't real big fellas

Ken

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Bopeye

Well......Radd went and did it....... :laf: He posted this "elsewhere".  :biggrin:

Guess you aren't a chicken hiney Radd....... :sneer:

Arkyyoter

WWWaaaaaaayyyyyy toooooo fuuuunnnnyyyy!!!!!!  :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:

GJ Jim!!

Joe

Jeb

LOL Radd  !!! :roflmao:
            Jeb

Quote from: Radd4 on December 05, 2006, 08:55:19 PM
Jim,

If you email me the picture I'll do it.  But you know I will get banned by kermit for it.  Steve called me a chicken butt, what is that?  I've been called a chicken shit but not chicken butt.

Rus

Radd4

I'll be the one getting yelled at and Joe gives Jim the credit for the post   :readthis: :readthis:  Now how is that fair?   :wo: :wo: :wo:

Just Kiddin Joe,
rus
Radd4
Retired USAF
Desert Storm Veteran

Arkyyoter

Hang in there Rad....  :hahaha: it gets worse  :roflmao: