• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Afzelia Burl/Buffalo Horn

Started by Yotehntr, February 10, 2009, 09:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yotehntr

I just finished this call in my "Top Shelf" style last night for a friend. It's an Afzelia Burl barrel with a Buffalo horn bead. It's carrying an o-ring fitted Buffalo horn tone board in my newest and favorite design. Both pieces have a CA finish inside and out, buffed and polished to a high gloss. It is signed (Yotehntr) and dated inside the barrel (under the finish). Do ya'll think he'll like it?

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Frogman

Brad,
    That's a beautiful looking call!!  That beading looks awesome, and I can't imagine the time it takes you to craft it!!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

pitw

I certainly like so I would have to think your friend should.  If he doesn't give me a shout I'm sure theres room for it here somewhere.  Nice job :highclap:
Barry
I say what I think not think what I say.

KySongDog

Nope, he ain't gonna like it one bit.  Better send it on to me and save yourself the embarrassment.   

:biggrin:

That's one great lookin' call!    :highclap:

Hawks Feather

That is a great looking call.  Putting CA on the inside of a call and getting is smooth sounds like a pain, but it sure paid off with looks.

Jerry

FOsteology

msmith

Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

iahntr

Scott

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Yotehntr

Thanks guys!

Hey Hawk, I do thin layers with a Q-tip, The hardest part is the ramp on the tone board. I use Q-tips like a paint brush. I have to put it on pretty thick so I can re-sand it smooth then buff.

Hawks Feather

I have tried CA on the outside of a few calls, but don't have any desire to try to put it on the inside.  I would have Q-tips stuck all over the inside.   :rolleye:

Jerry

Todd Rahm

:shck:  :sick2:

Holy crap thats nice.  :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:

HaMeR

OK!! You need to sell me one of those!!  :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Yotehntr

Quote from: Hawks Feather on February 10, 2009, 08:23:50 PM
I have tried CA on the outside of a few calls, but don't have any desire to try to put it on the inside.  I would have Q-tips stuck all over the inside.   :rolleye:

Jerry

:roflmao:  :roflmao:

I know of a fella that glued himself to his lathe,   :innocentwhistle:  I ...  errr  I mean, He got loose ok though!  :laf:

Ya'll are to kind, Thank you for your comments.