• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Predators Western Style - Part 1 (Dial-ups - 371KB)

Started by Ladobe, December 08, 2006, 04:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ladobe

(Broken into 3 parts for the dial-up folks.)

Seeing the aerial pictures posted for the discussion on stand locations in the lush and populated east got me thinking maybe you'd enjoy some of the desert southwest too.   But with so many millions of miles of wide open spaces, descent aerial pictures are far a few between except around the scattered population centers.   So thought I'd just post a few pictures of some of the places I hunt instead.

It's a totally different kind of hunting/calling out here that often requires some different tactics.    Not only can you often see a predator coming from a very longs ways off, they also can see you.   So it can be hard to "sneak" into a stand.    Add the deserts constantly changing thermals and swirling winds, and it can get fun in a hurry.   Shots can be up close and personal when everything goes exactly right, up to very long and often at a predator that has kicked it into high gear to leave the area.   With such a huge population base you do get a lot of chances to get everything right though.

Anyway, some of the habitat, places or stands I've hunted...

Larry
USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

Jeb

Beautiful country ! Some of the pics kinda remind me of Ft. Irwin and the old OPFOR days , Ca.
                             Jeb