• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Different calls for different seasons

Started by Bob D, December 13, 2006, 08:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob D

What calls do you use to call coyotes for the fall, winter and spring seasons? :bowingsmilie:  Please list according to the season , what works best for you in your part of the country. :wo:
Thanks,
Bob

canine

Bob, I don't use certain sounds for certain times of the year. I'll change sounds, for changing things up in my areas along with stand sites. I will say however, that in late december through January, I will make vocalization stands only.

JD

Smith

In the fall till around the first of Febuary I use alot of distress sounds some coyote vocals. During breeding season ( Feb and March here) I use nothing but coyote vocals.  This seems to work very well for me, I live and ranch in eastern MT.
Right thing easy, wrong thing hard...

THO Game Calls

I sometimes think I could go a whole season with just a pup distress.  But it is a call I have a lot of confidence in.  Same with a kitten distress. 

It is nice to have a lot of calls in your bag, so you can change up if something is not working, but I think 90% of it is just believing in the call you are using at the time.

My four main calls are the Pup Diistress, Fawn Bleat, Kitten Distress and cottontail in that order.  But I usually choose my call by the terrain or cover I am hunting more than the time of year.  Close in stuff gets soft kitten distress or fawn bleats, when I want to reach out a long ways, the cottontail or pup disrtess gets the nod. 

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results