• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Cats like crack too....

Started by centerfire_223, December 15, 2006, 06:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

centerfire_223

The crack pipe rather. After 6 years of calling I have finally broken the bobcat curse. I took out a friend of mine and new calling partner. We started out this morning at daylight, made two dry stands. Then moved to the other side of the road to try another spot.

I setup in  a creek bottom with a pasture to my right. I had the wind blowing out over the open pasture. I had Matt about 20 yards to my right watching the downwind. Since he is new at coyote calling I was hoping he would get the shot if we seen one. Here is what the stand looked like from where I was sitting.

I started off the stand with a little bit of soft rabbit. I had been calling for about a minute when I seen something pop out of the thick weeds in front of me. At first I thought it was a grey fox until I got my scope on it. I was in shock to say the least. This was the first bobcat I had called up in my 6 years of predator calling and here he was responding like a coyote. It stopped at about 30 yards, but I was wanting my partner to see it so I lip squeaked to it. It came on it another 5 yards or so and I let him have it with the .223.

Here are a few pictures.

Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Hawks Feather

Congratulations on the cat.  Nice looker.

Jerry

Smith

Way to go on the cat :highclap:. That is something I may never get done, calling in a cat.
Right thing easy, wrong thing hard...

Brad H

Nice job guys!

Now take one of the paws and mash into some soft dirt so we can have a cat track for the archives. :biggrin:

Brad

nailbender

fuzz624

Way to go guys,that is a beautiful cat.

WhiteHare

WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com

THO Game Calls

Now that was a Kodak Moment!

Nice job and nice cat. 

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

FinsnFur

Quote from: Brad H on December 15, 2006, 08:23:01 PM

Now take one of the paws and mash into some soft dirt so we can have a cat track for the archives. :biggrin:

:roflmao: yah yah....do it!

Very nice Ronnie.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

paint

keekee

Nice cat Ronnie! Congrads! :biggrin:

Brent

Roundman

Good job Ronnie. Thats a good looking cat.

CCP

Good job Ronnie  good pics and story. I always here the cats come late but most of the cats I have killed come quick.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

vvarmitr

Yahooooooo Ronnie!!!! :yoyo: :highclap: :congrats:
Way to go! :biggrin: