• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Picked this up today!!!!!!!!!!

Started by alscalls, March 14, 2010, 06:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alscalls

Took it outside to clean all the packing grease off.........   

Vari speed...........10" swing,  2MT,     :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Bills Custom Calls

You didn't get the stand with yours

Jet is a nice lathe
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

pitw

Man were you telling the truth eh.  Never touched one so ain't got an opinion on quality but it kinda has "Jet" features on it. :shrug:
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

How the heck did you get that? Did you sell that thing you took out of the neighbors garbage the other day or did you go back to work?

Nice toy by the way :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

Quote from: Bills Custom Calls on March 14, 2010, 06:52:53 PM
You didn't get the stand with yours

Jet is a nice lathe

I built my own stand...... I am a fabricator ya know..... :doh2:

Quote from: pitw on March 14, 2010, 07:18:37 PM
Man were you telling the truth eh.  Never touched one so ain't got an opinion on quality but it kinda has "Jet" features on it. :shrug:

Why wouldnt I tell the truth?  ...... :wo:  And I never said nothing about 5 and the dog....... :innocentwhistle:

Quote from: FinsnFur on March 14, 2010, 08:25:04 PM
How the heck did you get that? Did you sell that thing you took out of the neighbors garbage the other day or did you go back to work?

Nice toy by the way :congrats:

I been saving for this for a while......Paid for with call $$ I aint sold the mini drill or the tool post grinder yet but from what I have seen I can get between  $600- $1000 dollars for the two of them and the accessories.   :eyebrow:

Now I need to buy a new chuck.....Just dont know which one to get..... :confused:
AL

Bopeye

That is a nice lathe.  :wink:

Unemployment must pay better than my job does. I can't afford those big ticket items right now. Even cut the cable down to basic so I could still make the payment.  :laf:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

BigB

Nice lathe ya picked up Al.   :highclap:  Someday I'll get a VS lathe.

I have my collet chuck mounted on my lathe 95% of the time.  If you are looking for a jaw type chuck, I really like the Barracuda2.  I have a Nova G3, but the Barracuda 2 get's used 10 times more than the G3.

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

alscalls

Thanks BigB ....... Thats just the kinda info I was looking for......

Bop, this is an investment......this is my only job right now (Unemployment ran out) and it pays the bills some......its already payed for itself.
I can make twice as many calls with this than the old one with less hassle and expense.
Took about three days work to pay for this and it is well worth it.
As my collage education seems to have me overqualified for all the jobs out there..... :rolleye:
We also bought a milling machine and a few other tools so we can invest in ourselves......we know we aint afraid of work so what better investment could there be.
I have also been making spoons, ladles, tops, scoops, and custom parts for folks......we even made an eye piece mount for a camera to be used in an eye doctors office and they are very happy with it......I been working harder than I ever have in my life and the Govt. polls and #'s dont show that. :wink:
AL

Coulter

Nice grab Al...I remember when mine was all clean and pretty looking like that. I use the Nove G3 and collet chucks too. I haven't tried the Barracuda, but I have heard good things about them. I just haven't had a reason to buy another chuck yet. I'm always looking for reasons (excuses) though. Have fun with it, let us know how you like the VS model.

Steve

HaMeR

You'll like that Jet more each day Al!! I was lucky in that I was able to start with a new Jet. I wish now I woulda waited another month of two & bought the VS model. Oh well. They had FREE shipping which saved me close to $40 so I guess the VS adapter will only run me about $60 now.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Jimmie in Ky

Yuor education or your age Al? I am finding that it is my age thats the problem, although they can't say that legally. I have finally come ot the conclusion that my woodworking skills and gardens are going to have to make me a living. Lucky for me i have a pension from where I last worked but it barely makes bills around here. Thankfully it does give me soem room to experiment with what will work best for me here.

I have managed to trade for two lathes. not the best ones but good working equipment that will do for a while. Congrats on your purchase. I know you will put it to good use.  :biggrin: Jimmie

Bopeye

Quote from: alscalls on March 15, 2010, 06:18:41 AM
Bop, this is an investment......this is my only job right now (Unemployment ran out) and it pays the bills some......its already payed for itself.
I can make twice as many calls with this than the old one with less hassle and expense.
Took about three days work to pay for this and it is well worth it.
As my collage education seems to have me overqualified for all the jobs out there..... :rolleye:
We also bought a milling machine and a few other tools so we can invest in ourselves......we know we aint afraid of work so what better investment could there be.
I have also been making spoons, ladles, tops, scoops, and custom parts for folks......we even made an eye piece mount for a camera to be used in an eye doctors office and they are very happy with it......I been working harder than I ever have in my life and the Govt. polls and #'s dont show that. :wink:
Just razzing ya a little Al. You don't have to explain yourself to me.  :nono:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

alscalls

Jimmie, I have had two fellas tell me out right that I was more qualified for their job than they were......yet they were both younger than I..........

What you said is exactly what I meant....... since I hit 40+ Jobs seem harder to find.....Yet I know I am qualified for all I apply for or I would not bother.
I applied for Pepsi (warehouse job) online and as soon as I entered my birth date a page came up and said " We have no open positions to meet your qualifications"  It would not even let me go to another page.....I complained and it has been 3 months or so with no response at all. Sad thing is I know most of the fellas down there and I know I can work circles around em.... :wink:
AL