• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Put the fox skin back in the truck

Started by Coyotes-R-Us, July 06, 2018, 09:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coyotes-R-Us

I had read that using real fur for a decoy rather then a picture .

I have been having a dry spell getting the coyotes to come in under 500 yards. I have been using a fox pelt over our fox pro for quite some time with  diminishing effect.

Today I went out to our old river brakes area to do some early morning calling. I got out there shortly after sun up.

Very first place I got on to BLM land I hid the truck and made a set. Bang had 4 coyotes pop up over a ridge at like 800 yards. They charged in to around 500 and stopped and set down. I messed with them for an hour and, they never made a move and I let a hail marry shot go and ran them off...I had the fox skin as normal.

Next spot I left it in the truck ,and used Kugo, the Montana coyote decoy .

Bang same thing , 3 coyotes popped up and started in.

But this time they kept coming. That is till the got distracted probably by a mouse or something. I could see they where pups, when they lost a little interest I would hit a coyote howl and get them back on tract. It took a long time but they got in to my comfort zone. I barked to stop them, but the just kept milling around and would not stand still, soon they got "Under" me and I could not see them. One gave me a shot at about 150 and I took it.

You would think it would be easy to find, Nope tall grass and grand stands of sage made it difficult .
The next 3 set where the same multiple pups coming in in there good old time. They all slipped in but would give me a shot.

AND only one of these

Just a bull snake

old is the new young

FinsnFur

Wow, you werent kidding when you said pups. :laf:
So is one of these going to be the new call hide put into use? :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Please refrain from putting up pics of snakes. :argh:.  Looked like the rest of the morning was fun.  At what temp was this?  Saw a batch of pups yesterday and they were much smaller. 
I say what I think not think what I say.

Coyotes-R-Us

:eyebrow: Snakes what snake?
It was 100* by 10:00 am. :rolleye:
old is the new young