• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Peanut Butter and Jelly Challenge

Started by centerfire_223, September 05, 2014, 12:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

centerfire_223

This is my wife's letter to anyone that would possibly be interested in donating to her organization. She has Crohnes disease, which she has been battling for the last 17 years. Carla (my wife) has had a total of 6 surgury's, one this past May and another before the first of the year. In this time Carla has lost parts of her small intestine and all of her colon. Three years ago she started a team called Escape, to step up and raise money to fight for a cure. I have attached a letter she wrote below if you would like to read it. I posted this here because of her and every other person out there that has one of these terrible diseases, so that maybe if your intersted you could make a donation.

Carla put out a challenge the other day on Facebook, she calls it a peanut butter and jelly sandwich challenge. She ask you to think about how much you normally spend eating lunch one day. An on September 12 take a peanut butter and jelly sandwich that day, and donate the money you would normally spend to the Crohnes Foundation.

Normally I wouldn't put a post up here like this but this one is attached to my heart. Who's with me and will step up and take the challenge?

Dear Friends,

For our third year we will be participating in Take Steps for Crohn's & Colitis Foundation. We have made a bold commitment to raise much needed funds to find a cure for digestive diseases. Our goal is to raise $4000. We hope you will consider supporting us by clicking this link http://online.ccfa.org/goto/teamescape  to view our team page and donate to our fundraising efforts. Please, click on the team member that you wish to make a donation under.  If you prefer, you can also send your contribution directly to Carla (349 Old Keowee Church Road, Six Mile, SC 29682) with your check payable to CCFA. Your support is greatly appreciated and needed.

Please be sure to also check with your company to see if they will match your gift. Simply return your company's completed matching gift form to Escape and we will forward to CCFA.

One in every 200 people suffer daily with digestive diseases.  Along with Carla we have many clients, friends, and family members that deal with these invisible diseases daily.  CCFA's mission is to cure Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis and to improve the quality of life for children and adults affected by these diseases.  A champion for 1.4 million Americans, CCFA strives to inspire, instill hope, and create a community which empowers patients.

We are asking you to support our fundraising efforts with a donation. Your tax-deductible gift will truly make a difference in the thousands of lives suffering with IBD. If you are interested in joining Team Escape on walk day and helping our fundraising efforts, please register to join our team.  We have Team Escape T-shirts available at the spa to wear on walk day.

We appreciate your support and will keep you posted on our progress.

Thank you,

Team Escape

Click here to visit my personal page.
If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:
http://online.ccfa.org/site/TR?px=2693830&pg=personal&fr_id=4309&et=mfwTcztp4QSuz4I71ePHyg&s_tafId=86363

Click here to view the company page for Escape Wellness Spa
If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:
http://online.ccfa.org/site/TR?company=Escape+Wellness+Spa&company_id=22621&pg=company&fr_id=4309&et=zmDrosPYoPYhJii2C9wcfA&s_tafId=86363

Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

JohnP

Ronnie - I'll get ya a check in the mail in the next couple of days.  I do have one question though - how in the heck did an ugly cuss like you end up with such a beautiful lady? 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

centerfire_223

She knows a winner when she sees one. You can't tell but she's blind...just kidding!!!
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

centerfire_223

To those that made donations, I thank you and my wife thanks you. Hopefully it will help to lead to a cure.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

FinsnFur

I dont know how Ronnie, but I totally missed this one. Never met your Carla, but I have spent time on the phone with her. I can still hear her happy southern voice. Ill be praying for you guys, keep us posted.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

centerfire_223

It's never to late Jim. All you have to do is go on the link and make a donation. We are doing a Take Steps for Crohn's walk this Sunday and she is trying to get the teams money raised before then.

She's a southern tansplant, originally from WV. Been down here now about 25 years, I guess we have rubbed off on her.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-