• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Vegetable soup with Venison 4 supper

Started by cathryn, January 24, 2009, 01:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathryn

i like cooking soups when its cold out.
i usually make a large enough pot to last a couple days or more and keep it on the stove top where we can get at it pretty easy.

i made venison vegetable soup today.
i use about 2 pounds of lean venison cubed, a pound of carrots( they had the little ones on sale, usually i buy em and cut em up), a couple pounds or so of potatoes, onions, and cabbage. sometimes i add celery but didnt today.

heres the end result.

Silencer

Mmmmm, your food photos always make me hungry.   Is that almost like boiled dinner that way ?  near the same ingredients besides the venison.. If so I'm gonna give it a whirl.

cathryn

ty for the compliment.

pretty much but i add the ingredients in stages cause some take longer to cook..
i brown the meat and add some water..bout 2 quarts and let it simmer for bout an hour then add carrots, let them cook bout half an hour them add everything else and let it cook bout 45 minutes more.

oh and i did add a quart of diced tomatoes about 15 minutes before i took it off the fire.

pitw

Good looking soup cathryn and sounds much like we do it.  I like soups and stews a lot as there isn't as much clean up to do.
I say what I think not think what I say.

LORDDAL

AAHRRRRRGHH now I got to go home and find me something to eat just had to go and show me a pic of Venison Soup and I have had to listen to my belly gowl all darn evening  :innocentwhistle: but it sure does look good though  :yoyo: :biggrin:
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

FinsnFur

I might have to try that too.
I think it'd be REALLLLLLLLLY good with V8 in place of the water. :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com