• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

cooked some trout for breakfast

Started by cathryn, January 29, 2009, 09:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathryn

that Jerry caught in Wyoming. i dont eat them much but i sent one to my dad for breakfast. he enjoyed it.

i ate a little bit of one, it wasnt bad.

i browned it then baked it to finish cooking it. i usually use cast iron to cook in but decided on aluminum for the fish.

alexys wanted chocolate pudding so we made some of that too.

msmith

Mmmm, trout. My favorite. I like to rip their little skeletons out then butterfly them out in the skillet. One will just about fill the pan, but they don't take long to cook.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

FinsnFur

So...you gave your Dad chewed on fish?  Ey you said you tried one of em  :laf: :shrug:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bills Custom Calls

Fish and chocolate gravey for breakfast  :yoyo: now thats what I am talking about  :yoyo:  :biggrin:

What No Biscuits :pout: :wo: :laf: :laf: :laf:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

cathryn

i didnt chew on THAT ONE  :iroll:  :biggrin:

id made bisquits the night before and we had 3 left. used a couple to sop up the chocolate. yummy  :biggrin:

vvarmitr

Man, I love fried trout!!!!!!!!! :eyebrow:
But Beethoven's last movement I can do w/o.   :puke:

Hidehunter

WOW thats looks awesome,  all you need are some Morale Mushrooms and some cajun seasoning and a picture of Santa Clause in there with it.   :innocentwhistle:

Denver                                           

Carolina Coyote

VV, The Trout should go along real good with your Chocolate Oatmeal for Breakfast, sounds good to me.  :yoyo: cc

Coulter

No not Santa Clause...he is really just a door to door encyclopedia salesman ya know...ask jim he'll tell ya :wink:

The fish looks great Cathryn...I haven't had trout like that in a long time. And mmmmm chocolate pudding - my favorite :yoyo: So did ya eat the pudding for breakfast too. :biggrin:

Steve

cathryn

yes coulter,i have to say that yes the chocolate pudding was for breakfast AND it wasnt served in Christmas bowls either, ya'll.lol.

Okanagan

Trout for breakfast, primo!  I'll ditto adding morel mushrooms, served beside a fire where a stream runs into a mountain lake, with campfire coffee.  All of those are just sides however, if the trout are good and those look delicious.  You know how to cook!

And Bear Gravy to boot!  That's what my granny called chocolate pudding she made from scratch.  All her grankids loved it and still call it Bear Gravy.  Good memories.

There is a lot of range in trout flavor and consistency.  FWIW, the best eating ones that I know of come from lakes that have freshwater shrimp in them.  Rainbows that are eating shrimp have pink to reddish meat that is firmer and tastier IMO.  Brookies with orange tinted meat are superb if you pull them out of the water into the pan, with the fire going and skillet hot before you cast a line.  They go soft faster than any trout or fish that I know of, though they are still edible.

Wish I had some fresh trout for my breakfast this morning.  I settled for a caribou and cheddar sandwich scrounged together from roast left over from last night's supper.

FinsnFur

Quote from: Okanagan on March 08, 2009, 11:17:29 AM

Wish I had some fresh trout for my breakfast this morning.  I settled for a caribou and cheddar sandwich scrounged together from roast left over from last night's supper.

You forgot who your talking to Okanagan, that actually sounds good to us. :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

:confused: Where the heck is the old pain in the butt anyway??????
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

cathryn