• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Camp cookin'

Started by msmith, April 20, 2009, 10:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msmith

Went fishing thiss past weekend. The fishing was good, catching was bad, the eatin' was great.

Started by par boiling ramps and frying bacon. Made a layer of sliced potatoes in an iron skillet followed by a layer of the ramps, then a layer of bacon fried crisp. Then another layer of potatoes, ramps, and bacon. Beat some eggs with milk and poured over the whole shebang and let it seap through. Was going to top it off with some bisquick miix but the store I went to didn't have any, so I topped it with Piilsbury Grand bisquits in the can. Put it on the gas grill and closed the lid. Let 'er bake on med. for about 15 minutes and chowed down.

The Big Dawg has some pics. I'll try to extort them from him.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

pitw

Can't say as I've ever et that but it do sound good. :highclap:
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

That does sound good.  :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

MMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmm......
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Frogman

Sounds good!  Let's see those pics BigDog!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

cathryn

mmmmm. yummy. that sounds delicious!

msmith

Still haven't got the pics from him. he's been busy gettin' ready for turkey season.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

backwoodsman

Sorry Im not familiar with "ramps"? Hard to beat cookin outside. We use to cook alot during our deer camps. Easiest when the camps had electricity, but tastier when it was done over a fire. I was the camp gopher/cook/maid,lol. I was the youngest so that and procuring fresh meat/viddles and I always ran a small trapline at camp too. Bbq'd coon, several 'rat and beaver recipes and deer liver and heart were my mainstays.