• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Contest..........and a chance for a free call

Started by BigB, December 02, 2009, 09:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaang PAT! Didnt waste any time on that stand did ya?
Beautiful :highclap:

By the way Pat dumped his thirty bucks into the FnF Bank shortly after the contest began. Regardless of the "First Blood = Free Call" arrangement.

:yoyo:
Nice work Pat.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

CCP

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

linemansteve

No signature required,my hand shake or my word is good enough.
Saw a women texting while driving and it really pissed me OFF, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her.

weedwalker

WAY TO GO PAT !!! :congrats: :congrats: Nice lookin coyote. And good job with the shotgun. :yoyo:

alscalls

ALRIGHT PAT!!!!!!!!  WTG!!!!!   :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Way to light a fire under em...... This aint over fellers....we still want to see the rest of ya score..... :eyebrownod:  Wouldnt that be nice.... :eyebrownod: :eyebrownod:   :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Okanagan

Way to go, Pat!

It's been a good day for BigB's calls.  I killed one today with his call, at 11:50 Pacific time, a civilized hour.   :wink:

23 minutes, 30-35 yard shot,  .243 with 95 grain Nosler Partition bullet.  Remington 600 Mohawk carbine with 2-7 Bushnell 3200 Elite scope.  I saw him coming at 150 yards and he had to go down out of sight and up as he crossed some little ravines so I dialed up the scope to 4 power and was locked on him unmoving when he paused on the nearest little ridge.  I used a walking stick as a steady.

Lots of black on this one.   Small coyote, male, rolling in fat when I skinned him.  Prime pelt though these dark ones tend to have coarser fur.  

What I could see from my stand.  He was in the sage about ten feet up to the left from the dark stump just right of center.

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

HaMeR

:yoyo: :yoyo:  Cool deal!!  Another GOOD coyote posing for the hero shot!!   :yoyo:

:wo:  I'm thinking there's a new Pro Staff starting up!! It's the BigB Pro Staff!!!  :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

KySongDog

Congratulations!  I like that terrain.  Thanks for those pics.   :congrats:

coyote101

Congratulations Okanagan!  :congrats: :congrats: Nice loooking coyote and I love the snow camo.  :yoyo: :yoyo: Man, the terrain is beautiful out there.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Todd Rahm

Thats cool fellas and Pat thats a nice set up ya have there.  :biggrin:

BigB

Congrats Pat and Clyde!!!  I'm glad you guys got to get some fur down!  This has been a fun little contest so far!

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

Bills Custom Calls

Congrats Clyde

I have been out just haven't had any takers yet
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

pitw

That is perfect Okanagan  :congrats:.  I'm trying to get some darker coyotes for an order. 
I say what I think not think what I say.

Coulter

Congrats Clyde...I suppose I should take my call for a walk today. These guys are making us look bad Bill :huh:

iahntr

Scott

Hawks Feather

Great pictures and it looks like the calls are working very well.  I think we may need to start calling Okanagan "the Sheik". 

Jerry

Okanagan

Quote from: Hawks Feather on January 03, 2010, 10:10:30 AM
Great pictures and it looks like the calls are working very well.  I think we may need to start calling Okanagan "the Sheik".  

Jerry

It's a TallyBan thing, the latest in predator calling haute couture!

I lost my white head net a few days ago so cobbled up one yesterday morning out a piece of fabric from WalMart.   It has light copper wire struck through the fabric edges around the eye hole and the fabric draped over my head and cap.  It needs a little more finishing work!  :biggrin:  I make my face camo with long fabric in front hanging down and I blow the call with my hand and call under the cloth so no hand movement shows.  The mouth hole is for breathing so it does not fog up my glasses so much.

Pitw can tell by looking that I went east over the mountains to dry snow and lots of coyotes.  I'd called 8 stands in soggy snow near home, five of them in pouring rain on snow, two in falling slushy snow, and only one in reasonably dry conditions.  In all that time I never saw a coyote track in the snow.  Yesterday I drove east till it quit raining (2 1/2 hours), kept driving till the snow was dry and shallow and called a coyote the first stand there.   Where I live has few coyotes in thick wet forest and brush, but with 3 hours driving east over the mountains, I can be in country similar to Wyoming.

pitw

Quote from: Okanagan on January 03, 2010, 11:37:05 AM

Pitw can tell by looking that I went east over the mountains to dry snow and lots of coyotes. 

Yeah it looks just like home :iroll:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Kudo's Okanagan :yoyo:

"the latest in predator calling haute couture!"?....for real? :laf:

Thats an awesome colored coyote that's for sure. Congrats on numero 2 :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com