• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

"The Sentry" Carved Cherry crow call...

Started by HuntnCarve, June 25, 2013, 06:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnCarve

Here's a Cherry crow call I finished up yesterday.  Carved and painted a "Sentry" crow on this one.  That's the crow that is always first to arrive and check things out..Even though you are not supposed to shoot him.  But let him go to fetch his buddies...Sometimes he does not make it back... :eyebrow:

Thanks for looking!

HuntnCarve
Dave

Dave

Awesome looking call!! 
And you know if that flew over us when we're out, the hell with his buddies - we're both shooting! That's called the Trump and Whizzer phenomenon.  :wink:

FinsnFur

He's flying pretty close to the ground. :confused: I thought only Angels flew too close to the ground.

Beautiful work Dave :wink: beautiful work
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Great job there Mr. Dave!  No crow is safe when one of your calls is present.    :biggrin:

Jim, I think Dave used Glen's camera to capture that image.  I think it is about 9 steps above the ground.   :alscalls:

Jerry

HuntnCarve

Jim, the depth perception of the camera makes him look at ground level.  If I had a fancy camera like someone I know I could probably take better photos? :innocentwhistle:
Well, probably not?  But I would try! :laf:
Now Dave, you know I would hold out shooting the Sentry..That's until I noticed the slightest twitch of your shotgun moving..."The T & W effect. :laf:

Thanks guys!

HuntnCarve
Dave

JohnP

Quote from: FinsnFur on June 25, 2013, 06:51:17 PM
He's flying pretty close to the ground. :confused: I thought only Angels flew too close to the ground.

Beautiful work Dave :wink: beautiful work

Had Willie on today and guess what song was playing?

Dave as always I am completely in awe of your work.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HaMeR

Great looking call again Dave!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

My theory is a bird on the ground is worth,,, well it beats going home skunked!!   :alscalls: :alscalls:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11