• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Ever catch one of these running crank baits for Smallies?

Started by FinsnFur, April 23, 2018, 09:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Yah...me neither.
In fact I've never caught a trout this big in my life. Let alone in the Mississippi River which is very very rare.
Caught this magnificent species on a Rattle Trap this weekend, looking for smallies. Dragging it over a wing dam next to a beach on the Mississippi River. Very weird... but very cool. I was stoked.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Beauty!  !!  :highclap:

I've never caught a brown trout (assuming that is a brown!?)  Big trout are predators. 

Hawks Feather

I caught a few rainbow, but not a brown or any that big.  That might have been some good eating, but I am glad you followed the rules.

Jerry

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

Coulter

That's a nice Brownie! Never caught any kind of trout on a rattle trap myself. Come to think of it, I've never caught a damn thing on a rattle trap :wo:

nastygunz

I knew there was a trout fisherman hidden behind that mustache  :innocentwhistle: :biggrin:

FinsnFur

Really Steve? Ohh man those things are my go to's for spring and fall. I rank up the smallies on them.
In fact I order them online from tacklewarehouse.com every spring to get geared up.

Nasty, I'm no trout fisherman at all. Never got into it. But I was this day :innocentwhistle: :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

trapperrick

The horizon is your starting point.

Coulter

I can't honestly say I ever gave them a fair shake Jim. I always loved the top water action when going after largemouths. I've only targeted smallies a few times really.

weedwalker

The biggest brown trout I ever hooked was on a 1/2 oz blue/chrome Rat-L-Trap.

FinsnFur

Quote from: weedwalker on April 25, 2018, 06:47:21 PM
The biggest brown trout I ever hooked was on a 1/2 oz blue/chrome Rat-L-Trap.
Ed knows!! lmao [emoji23]🤣[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

I got's to get me some of them! The best bait for a big brown trout...is a little brown trout:

remrogers

Reminds me of the story of an outdoor writer, living in northern Montana, some forty years ago. He was on his way south for some bass fishing when his rig broke down and left him stranded in a small town in central Montana. Parts were needing to be ordered and it would take about three days to fix the vehicle. Being stuck and with nothing else to do,he took his bass gear to the river flowing through town and went fishing. He was amazed at the number and size of brown trout he began to catch. He figured those fish had never seen plugs with that action and of that size. Enjoyed himself so much that he spent the entire week fishing that local river and never did get to the bass. Moral of the story is not to be afraid of trying something different and out of the "norm". I always figure that the fishing is good, but the catching may not be what you care for.