• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

How about a FaceBook for Predator Hunters?

Started by FinsnFur, March 09, 2010, 06:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

Hey, Jim, I didn't mean to sound so negative.  I'm a dinosaur, so out of date that I don't know what the advantage is to spending time on the new site.  What does it offer that this place doesn't? 

FinsnFur

No probs. I'm not recalling picking up on any negativity anyway.  Were good :wink:

Whats the advantage verses here?

Well, outside of the several points I touched on in my first post, not a whole lot. But with that said, each place will offer different advantages.
Predator Caller Central much like facebook, is more of a profiling site, a social network. Where anyone is welcome to join and create a profile, create photo albums, share videos, comments, advertise if you like, and browse the profiles, albums, and videos, and comments of others with our shared interest in predator hunting.

Our forum here, just like every forum on the web, is a community.
Predator Caller Central again much like facebook, is a network, a social network, which is usually made up of several communities.

Forums are designed to be discussion sites, literally made up of discussions. And well...they are.
10 years ago, you could count on one hand the number of predator hunting discussion boards available on the web. And over time that number has increased more then 10 fold, literally. Most of that has been caused from greedy administrators, or entrepreneur wanna-be's creating animosity in their own communities in trade for power or monetary benefits.

They pay for it in the end by their community getting a bad rap in the eyes of their targeted audience. (Predator Hunters)

BUT the predator hunters pay for it through the long haul via all the anomosity thats created. And over the past 10 years there has been some very reputable, well known, and knowledgeable predator hunters put out on the street for lack of better terms because of it. Predator hunters that we all know, have known for a long time, and whom many of us learned from are NOW literally scattered everywhere.

They arent allowed here, he's not allowed there, they allow them, but they dont allow him, you have to pay for that, you have to pay for this. :doh2:

Predator Caller Central connects the predator hunters, literally! But without all the administration bullshit or discussions on the discussion forums.
It's a social network made up of not the communities but what's in the communities.

Thats about the best way I can think of to desribe it. :wink:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

NASA

I posted the PCC logo on my FB site.  I'm ready for any heat anyone may want to dish out.
But I'd be surprised if there were.  Only those I approve as friends can view anything posted on my site.

weedwalker

Anybody besides me having trouble loading pics on there? :confused:

Todd Rahm

I sent Jim a pm, but it appears it would let me load from my computer if I wanted to, but not a photo hoster......................yet.

weedwalker

I tried to load a couple more from my computer. Took a shower, ate dinner, and another 15 minutes later they still hadn't loaded. Just kept watching the boxes trying to load it. Finally just gave up on it. :shrug:

Bills Custom Calls

I got 2 of the 3 pics loaded it took about 10 minutes and I gave up on the 3rd one

I have the pics stored on my desk top
It won't let me post any pics from photobucket
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

NASA

FinsnFur

I uploaded about 15 pictures a night or two ago, and it took me around 3 minutes.
Gundog uploaded roughly 20 in what appeared to be just a few minutes also.

If your uploading raw pictures from a digital camera it's going to take longer because raw images are normally over 2000 pixels wide and over 2000 pixels high, the servers GDU software is going to have to reduce them which will kick down the govner and make it idle up.

The best thing to do is reduce them ahead of time, and dont try to upload 37 pics at a time.
When I did it, I did like three at a time, and it went bodda bing bodda boo.....done.

If you save an image from photobucket to your machine and then upload it to the site from your machine it'll go, but you can't link to photobucket.

One other thing to keep in mind, is this server runs back ups at 1:00 am every single day for about 2 hours, and if your trying to upload pictures during that time, and snuffing out the process with an oversized image, it'll get timed out waiting for the backups to finish. The backups arent going to pause so you can finish, they run priority.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Bills Custom Calls

I up loaded 1 pic this morning and it took about 3 seconds working good now

JohnP

Hey GunDog and NASA I can't answers your questions yet.  Seems there is a problem with IE, however the Boss is working on it.  Will reply as soon as he gets it figured out, didn't want you to think I was ignoring ya. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

GunDog

I figured you were as lost as I am JP ...  :eyebrownod: I've got a lot of pics saved in some formats that just will not load on the PCC site. What I am doing (and as the Boss pointed out) is resizing them ahead of time and saving in a jpg format and then loading to PCC. They load in a matter of seconds. The other night I think I tried to load some when the server was running it's back-up. I accused Jimbo of un-plugging my picture uploader :biggrin: Fish pics on a predator callers site... :nofgr:

weedwalker

How come it always shows bad or low karma? That's kinda creepin' me out. :huh:

Todd Rahm

I still can't up load one pic from my photobucket account.  :wo:

Bills Custom Calls

Quote from: FinsnFur on March 13, 2010, 01:07:40 AM
I uploaded about 15 pictures a night or two ago, and it took me around 3 minutes.
Gundog uploaded roughly 20 in what appeared to be just a few minutes also.

If your uploading raw pictures from a digital camera it's going to take longer because raw images are normally over 2000 pixels wide and over 2000 pixels high, the servers GDU software is going to have to reduce them which will kick down the govner and make it idle up.

The best thing to do is reduce them ahead of time, and dont try to upload 37 pics at a time.
When I did it, I did like three at a time, and it went bodda bing bodda boo.....done.

If you save an image from photobucket to your machine and then upload it to the site from your machine it'll go, but you can't link to photobucket.

One other thing to keep in mind, is this server runs back ups at 1:00 am every single day for about 2 hours, and if your trying to upload pictures during that time, and snuffing out the process with an oversized image, it'll get timed out waiting for the backups to finish. The backups arent going to pause so you can finish, they run priority.

Todd Please read the above

weedwalker

Quote from: Todd Rahm on March 14, 2010, 03:04:25 PM
I still can't up load one pic from my photobucket account.  :wo:

Todd, go to your photobucket pics. Right click on a pic and save it to your computer. Then go to the new site and "brouse" and upload the pics you copied from photobucket onto your computer. That's what worked on mine anyway. :shrug:

Ed

KySongDog

Quote from: weedwalker on March 14, 2010, 03:02:05 PM

Yeah, I agree.  Makes me feel like something bad is gonna happen.   :huh:

Bills Custom Calls

The more you do on there the higher your karma goes  :shrug:

pitw

Quote from: Semp on March 14, 2010, 06:39:53 PM
Quote from: weedwalker on March 14, 2010, 03:02:05 PM

Yeah, I agree.  Makes me feel like something bad is gonna happen.   :huh:

I'm just a hick from the farm that don't get out much and as such have no idea what this karma thing you speak of is  :shrug:.  Is this something the Americans invented too :confused:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

No no...actually Karma came from our French ancestors.  :yoyo: :laf:

Everyones Karma starts low.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers