• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

AC troubles

Started by Yotehntr, May 14, 2010, 10:08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yotehntr

I can't figure out what tonnage my ac unit is.... can anyone here figure it out? Here's the tag.
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Bopeye

It's 2 ton unit. Model number will tell you.
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Bills Custom Calls

Brad I got your AC troubles figured out

ACCEPTED FOR USE City of New York

Don't you live in TN
That Damn Yankee system won't work down yonder  :alscalls:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Bopeye

I concur with Bill. Anything that is applicable to New York has no business in a good southerners home.  :wink:

It won't make any difference if Alscalls does come on here doing three of these  :yoyo: and four of these  :highclap: , it still is just plain wrong.  :laf:

alscalls

Shut up ya big southern round prick.......   :laf: :laf:

300 watts WOW! weuns dont use that much...... you must own stock in Little Debbie...... :biggrin:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Yotehntr

:yoyo:  Thanks for the help guys! ...  :confused:  surprised that the unit was that small though.  I do have 2 this one is for my down stairs... I can remember it struggling a couple years there when it got extra hot....may step it up a 1/2 ton. I'm running my garage window unit in the house now...  :argh:   I figure I'll save $1500 or so and put it in myself.  The electric shouldn't be any problem, a buddy said he knows some sheet metal guys.   :eyebrow:

FinsnFur

Sheet metal guys?
Phffffffffffft, I know a guy that can build a whole cabin  :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyotehunter_1

Quote from: Bopeye on May 14, 2010, 10:16:29 AM
It's 2 ton unit. Model number will tell you.

Bop is correct, 2 ton.  :highclap:

The basic rule of thumb (in this area of the south anyway) is approx, 1 ton per 1000 square feet of living area. With a multistory home a dual system is usually cheaper in the long run (with both elect. savings and equipment cost).   
Replacing a system can be a chore but it's not rocket science. If you are up sizing make certain your duct work is sized large enough to carry any extra air flow. Package units are pretty simple but with any upgrade the supply and return duct work will usually need to be altered. Read and follow the instruction/installation manual and you should be fine. :wink:
If it's a new split system it should come precharged with enough freon for the A-coil and about 20 feet of refrigerant lines. One thing I would advise, on a split system.... having a qualified/certified AC technician connect the freon lines and purge/vacuum & start up the system. Loosing freon due to a small line leak or burning out a compressor due to contaminates can get expensive.    :wink:

BTW< Goodman is a good unit.

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Bopeye

Quote from: alscalls on May 14, 2010, 06:24:04 PM
Shut up ya big southern round prick.......   :laf: :laf:

That wasn't very nice. If it would have been anyone else it might have hurt my feelings, but since it's you Al, all I can say is..............  :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap:

Now go to bed because I think somebody needs a nap. What's the matter Al, didn't get your normal 12 hours sleep and 4 hours on FNF? Bet the wife made you clean up after yourself didn't she?  :alscalls: :alscalls:

Yotehntr

I've read all kinds of "formulas" Chet....  that 1 ton per 1000" helpes out alot.   Thanks!   I've heard bad things about "goodman"... or "Jana junk"..   The last 2 houses I've had used 'em though.... both lasted a long time with no maint calls though.   Wouldn't bother me at all to buy another..  :wink:

Bopeye

Quote from: FinsnFur on May 14, 2010, 09:16:41 PM
Phffffffffffft, I know a guy that can build a whole cabin  :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap:

Glad you know somebody, because I sure don't know anyone that can.  :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap:

alscalls

Quote from: Bopeye on May 15, 2010, 01:25:31 AM

Glad you know somebody, because I sure don't know anyone that can.  :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap:

:finger:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Bopeye

Quote from: alscalls on May 15, 2010, 04:59:23 AM
Quote from: Bopeye on May 15, 2010, 01:25:31 AM

:finger:

:alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:

pitw

Well this AC stuff is as foreign to me as Chinese :doh2:.  Hope you got if figured Brad.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Yotehntr

Got the new one put in yesterday...  :biggrin:  Now I can put the window unit back in the shop..  :wink: