• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Back to the goose farm

Started by coyote101, March 10, 2019, 10:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

Johnny (KySongDog) and I met up last Thursday to do a little coyote hunting. After a slow start at our first location, we ended up moving to the farm where Kenny and I had killed the goose killing coyotes the week before.

We started in another one of those deep draws on the farm. The first set up we drew a blank, so we moved further down into the draw to an open area where several trails come together. This is the only place in this draw that is open, and visibility is pretty good. Johnny was calling and after a few minutes a coyote showed up on the other side of the open area. He was probably eighty or ninety yards away and since we were both carrying shotguns he was well out of range. Johnny got him headed our way and he came several yards closer, but then he stopped and turned into the woods and we lost sight of him. Johnny called for several more minutes but the coyote never reappeared. The coyote was upwind of us and I'm not sure if he was just reluctant to cross the open area to get downwind, or if he spotted me leaning up against the I was at. In any event he didn't come back so we repositioned to the draw where Kenny had killed his coyote the week before.

We worked our way to the bottom of the draw and set up along the creek running through it. I was calling again and went through several different sounds but saw nothing. And then, right at the fifteen minute mark I spotted a coyote coming down the hill to my right front across the creek. I lip squeeked at him a few times to coax him a little closer. When he got to about forty yards I had a clear shot, pulled the trigger and down he went. Another male and the third coyote killed on this farm in a week. 

A nice dark colored coyote:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Yotehntr

:yoyo:  Good job Pat! Good looking coyote.
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

riverboss

Walking and stacking!👍

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

KySongDog

Those virgin eared coyotes on that goose farm make me never want to go back to LBL again.   :nono:   

riverboss

It sounds like a target rich environment!

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

HaMeR

Nice!! Thats a good looklin one too Pat!!
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

NNNiice!
3rd one...and theyre still coming :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers