• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Tip of the day

Started by bambam, April 19, 2018, 03:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

bambam

There is a BIG difference between a democracy and a constitutional Republic .

pitw

Amazing how a little snow can effect people.

bambam

Treasures of wickedness profit nothing ; but righteousness delivereth from death. Proverbs 10 :2

bambam

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a close resemblance to the first.   Ronald Reagan.

bambam

As long as you rob Peter to pay Paul, you will always have the support of Paul.

bambam

Indian builds small fire and stands up close. White man builds big fire and stands way back.

Okanagan

Quote from: bambam on October 02, 2019, 02:32:00 PM

Indian builds small fire and stands up close. White man builds big fire and stands way back.

:highclap:  I've always LOVED this saying, especially since we lived on a Rez for a dozen years or so.  My Indian friends built the biggest campfires I've ever seen except for a German fellow who lived in the Yukon, who may have tied them.  If you have ever seen those house size piles of wood logging debris, it was normal for Indian men I was hunting with to light the thing on fire.  We couldn't park a pick-up within 30 yards without blistering the paint.  Gasoline or diesel in large quantity was normal fire starting "kindling."

Another one that never got old was when we'd be hunting on a logging road and would come came across beer cans.  My faithful Indian companion, whoever he was that day, would squint his eyes, look carefully around as if alert to an ambush and say, "Indian sign."

bambam

Making good people helpless does not make bad people harmless .

bambam

Water leaks never happen when you have time to fix them.

bambam

I'm not sure how healthy bacon is in general , but I know it is incredibly delicious. Gen. James Mattis

bambam

He that gathereth in summer is a wise son, but he that sleepeth in harvest is a son that causeth shame. Proverbs 10:5

bambam

Always be nice to anyone who has access to your toothbrush.

pitw

Sometimes doing nothing is the best option. :pout:

bambam

Fight with a happy heart and a strong spirit. Gen. James Mattis

pitw

Funerals for those the age of your own kids are damb tough. :sad:

bambam

When everything you know is a lie, the CIA's mission will be complete.

pitw

Shoulda done it sooner, sucks. :doh2:

bambam

I'm going to plead with you, do not cross us , because if you do , the survivors will write about what we do for 10,000 years. Gen. James Mattis

bambam

They can run, but they will just die tired. Marine quote.