• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

I hate ebay sometimes

Started by bowjunkie, October 27, 2006, 11:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowjunkie

:argh: I hate ebay  was bidding on some good predator collector stuff the seller changed the auction in the middle of the nite to a buy it now auction and ended it early ...I didn't know they could do that crap    :rolleye:

Todd Rahm

They can change it, and probably what happened was they were contacted behind the scene and made an offer they figured they couldn't pass up. So they post it at buy now, email it to the buyer before ebay puts it up, and its gone before ya see it again.   Seen it a lot.

what was ya bidding? And NO it wasn't me.  :whew:

Todd Rahm

Better yet who was the buyer?  :biggrin:

bowjunkie

said all bids was cancelled .. it was a cronk howler Jays book and a couple other items  I can give ya the link ifn ya wanna look

bowjunkie

FinsnFur

I read somewhere too, that some of these hackers have developed a script that rides with the e-bay clock and automatically dumps I final bid for them, milli-seconds before the auction ends, assuring them the item.

E-bay is trying to trace it and put an end to it but I don't know if they have succeeded or not.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

Jim what would those hackers be doing that the on-line auction snipers don't do? The snipers I don't think can go down to the milisecond, but they get perty close. It all boils down to who throws the highest bid that last second.

Bow...................lost or broken means sold.  :innocentwhistle: Sorry ya missed out. Just don't let it bother ya cause you'll see more of it. Just next time you make the early offer.  :wink:

I didn't that once when I first got started, and got whipped up by my fellow collectors. So I quit to find out a few of them were doing it. So alls I can say is all is fair in collecting................just beat'm to the punch.  :innocentwhistle:

bowjunkie

ya no kidding it happens alot looks like ebay would put a stop to sellin behind closed dooes if you post it you sell it should be the way it works

Todd Rahm

That would be super if they did Bow.

You know if the auction ended and you was high bidder and decided ya didn't want it after all................Ebay would be'a knock'n at you door.  :rolleye:

bowjunkie

yup they would heck the post office lost my payment once and ebay was all over me worked out because I sent the guy the postmarked envelope a couple weeks later cost me a bit as I sent it fedx lol but he is a good friend nowdays  :biggrin: