• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Humane society rescues and others

Started by trailtwister, February 05, 2016, 08:24:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailtwister

Humane society rescues and others  are In my option on the crazy side.
My wife thinks I need another puppy to raise, I totally dis agree and told her the dog has to be at least a year old as I am tired of those darn needle teeth.
But the real subject of this post is the unreasonable things Humane society rescues and others want. Most require a fenced in yard, I live in the country and do not want to fence my yard just to rescue a pound pup. Some require a home inspection, That is not going to happen either as I have guns and other hunting pariphnaily handy for when nasty critters show up.
What are these people going to do when all the city slickers with fenced yards and allow home inspections are all puppied out and can not take any more.

I have to admit my pups have always had it ruff. I make them walk with me twice a day except during heavy down pours every dang day. Once boundary training is finished they don't even have to drag my fat butt around.

Of course if your a hard headed male and want to roam all over you stay on the check cord when out of the pen.

When it is summer hot they have their own kiddy wading pool to cool their paws in. Of course the lab was always laying down in there and pushing her self around on the sides.

They all have a 10'x10' inside pen with wood floor, a heated insulated house and a out side pen of a minim of 10'x10' too. Old age allows them to take their time on walks and other things.

They get one on one time and special toys to play with too.

Even get to walk the log instead of wading the creek.

Allowed to hunt in snow drifts for mice.

So what is so wrong with being a country pound pup?

:eyebrownod:  Al

Your not fully dressed with out a smile.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

trailtwister

Yes I spoil them but can not adopt a new one because I don't have a fenced in back yard, keep the dogs in the house and do not allow home visits. At most places.

:eyebrownod:   Al

Dave

Your place looks like doggie heaven to me. 
Guess that's the way the Humane Society is looking at your place too - the dogs just need to die to get there

trailtwister

Guess Wife is going to just buy a dog with papers. Showed me a real pretty 9 month old male English setter a bit ago. Nice looking dog but I prefer a female.

:D  Al