• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

What about having a shoot at the LBL

Started by Roundman, September 26, 2010, 06:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roundman

Would there be any interest in having a shoot at the lbl? Is there a place we could have one? Have a "one shot" competition at 200 yards with the winner getting some small token. Donate $5 and get a target. You would have to use your coyote hunting rifle, not some 17lb bench gun. Shoot standing or maybe off of sticks. Heck maybe forget the money and just do it for fun. Just a thought

Frogman

Sounds like fun!  I know there is a range near Golden Pond!  Don't know if is 200 yds or not??

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

alscalls

Well if I were there I would win so no need for the rest to enter........ :shrug:   :laf: :laf:
I think it would be a BLAST!!!!!  But I doubt I make it this year either........ :pout:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Bopeye

I would but I don't know how well my shotgun will pattern at 200 yards.  :wink:

Not a bad idea though for anyone interested.  :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

bigben

we just did something like that this weekend only it was a night shoot.  it was a blast. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

5 SHOTS

200 yards?  :holdon: I don't think that would be very fair for you eastern guys.  :alscalls: :alscalls:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

bigben

:holdon: we shoot whistle pigs that far or further?    dont ya think us easterners know how to long range it?
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

5 SHOTS

Quote from: bigben on September 26, 2010, 09:52:57 PM
:holdon: we shoot whistle pigs that far or further?    dont ya think us easterners know how to long range it?

No, NO, not at all, I just thought our prairie dog towns might give us a little unfair advantage. On most of the towns 200 to 400 yards is an average shot.

I admit to missing a few after 250 or so yards.  :innocentwhistle:

OK, maybe more than a few.  :innocentwhistle:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

Jimmie in Ky

There is a range and I think it allows for up to 400 yds. But, it must be reserved and I am not sure how many are allowed on it at once for safetey reasons.I also think there is some time limit on said reservation if you can get one. Never used it before so don't know all the perticulars. Jimmie

wked

The range at Golden Pond has just reopened.  They completely reworked it while they were building the new 68/80 hwy.  It has been extended to 175 yrds (from 100).  Must have been someone from here in the east that redesigned it for long range shooting  :shrug:  At present, it is on a first come basis, with no registration before you shoot.  They told me they expect that to change.  They will probably go back to the reservations and a 2 hour time block.  Since we have started to be somewhat know for our Feb hunt, we might be able to work something out with them for an afternoon.  Jimmy, you know everyone and his brothers cousins at lbl.  If you want some help with a follow up call or something, let me know.  I'm probably not interested in a contest.  Its just not what lbl is about for me.  I don't see anything wrong with it and I know some of the folks are really into shooting.  At least the range will be open this year, so anyone can go shoot if they like.

alscalls

Here is how we do it for fun at home.......

500 yd egg shoot........  you miss your out...... you hit the egg ...... you advance...... till the last man cracking the egg..=FUN !

Cracker shoot
Five saltine crackers standing at 100 yds.  everyone shooting a smoke pole with open sights lines up at once....... first one to break all 5 crackers wins.......    :laf: :laf: :laf:   Funny to watch everyone forget things like  powder...... then patch & ball  not ball first...........   :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:    Very fun...... I have won a few of these and lost many more.....  :laf:

200 yd match shoot......
Shoot the head off a wooden match....... longest hit match wins....... a tie goes again ........  = FUN
AL

KySongDog

Quote from: wked on September 27, 2010, 06:22:01 AM
I'm probably not interested in a contest.

Trying to find a dayum coyote down there is enough challenge for me.   :laf:

HaMeR

QuoteTrying to find a dayum coyote down there is enough challenge for me.  :laf:

:confused:  Didn't you run Johnny's Guide Service this past February Semp??  :shrug:

:laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

bigben

Quote from: alscalls on September 27, 2010, 06:48:24 AM

500 yd egg shoot........  you miss your out...... you hit the egg ...... you advance...... till the last man cracking the egg..=FUN !

Cracker shoot
Five saltine crackers standing at 100 yds.  everyone shooting a smoke pole with open sights lines up at once....... first one to break all 5 crackers wins.......    :laf: :laf: :laf:   Funny to watch everyone forget things like  powder...... then patch & ball  not ball first...........   :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:    Very fun...... I have won a few of these and lost many more.....  :laf:

200 yd match shoot......
Shoot the head off a wooden match....... longest hit match wins....... a tie goes again ........  = FUN

Thats some pretty serious shooting.  sounds like fun but man thats some small targets. 

KySongDog

Quote from: HaMeR on September 27, 2010, 08:08:48 AM
QuoteTrying to find a dayum coyote down there is enough challenge for me.  :laf:

:confused:  Didn't you run Johnny's Guide Service this past February Semp??  :shrug:

:laf: :laf:

:alscalls:   Yeah, but it is real easy to find a coyote when you are "guiding" a Coyote Magnet like Weedwalker!    :alscalls:

slagmaker

Finding a coyote at the LBL is easy. Stay at camp and one will come a walking along directly. Dont belive me? Ask Pat, Barry, FozzyBear and a few others. We seen it.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

HaMeR

:doh2: :doh2:  Danged if I didn't forget the Magnet!! Sorry Semp!! I thought it was you all this time.  :alscalls: :alscalls:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

alscalls

Quote from: bigben on September 27, 2010, 08:27:00 AM
Quote from: alscalls on September 27, 2010, 06:48:24 AM

Cracker shoot

200 yd match shoot......

Thats some pretty serious shooting.  sounds like fun but man thats some small targets. 

Not serious at all Ben...... Funny as hell to see all the aggravated misses....... Many times there is no clear winner at all..... But still a LOT of fun...... :eyebrownod:
AL

bigben

instead of serious I should have said close.  anyone hitting an egg at that yardage is friggin awesome.  even more so with hitting a cracker with a smoke pole at that range.  it would be fun to try though.

alscalls

Quote from: bigben on September 27, 2010, 03:26:05 PM
instead of serious I should have said close.  anyone hitting an egg at that yardage is friggin awesome.  even more so with hitting a cracker with a smoke pole at that range.  it would be fun to try though.

Sometimes I hit the egg inside of 5 shots............ most it ever took me was 49 shots.... :madd:

Cracker shoots have been popular at rendezvous since I was very young..... and 100 yds aint that tough for a smoke pole........ loading fast is what is tough....... :laf: :laf:
AL