• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Yotehntrs 1st Acrylic

Started by Yotehntr, January 02, 2008, 10:33:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yotehntr

Bought some acrylic from Al at THO and gave it a try this weekend. I was having trouble with skips in my howler but he helped me through it, THANKS AL!!! This is a a distress call, I thinks its the 4th call I've made. I've got alligator skin so anything you see that I can improve on will be appreciated (feelings won't be hurt).
[/img]
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

DirtyDog

Brad........show em the pic of the purple heart howler!  :eyebrow: Fellas.....this guys makes some nice lookin calls.  :yoyo:

Arkyyoter

I like the looks of that one!!!

Joe

Hawks Feather

Looks good from here.  If this is your 4th call you must have had some prior turning experience because it looks really well done.

Jerry

Yotehntr

Wow! Thanks guys, Hey Joe I've made a few changes to the purple heart. Got some sound board, and finishing tips from Al at THO. Got rid of all skips and I can't see the pours in the grain. I haven't finished the inside yet so the pic is from the right angle. I'm going to have to fine sand and buff again I can see a few scratches.

DirtyDog

Nice!!!!!! Brad, I am going to drop them closed reeds off this weekend.  :wink:

Yotehntr

Thanks Joe, can't wait to give them a try.

Hey Kuipdog! Sorry I couldn't PM you back, the forum won't let me. I think I'm to green yet. After Al gave me the tips I found it in one of his previous posts. If you go to Call Creation How to's / Question for the experts / 5th reply. I never would have thought of super glue!

THO Game Calls

WOW - now those are both very nice.  Nice job turning them on the lathe.   Good clean lines and nice detail.   

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

armyturner

Those are both nice looking calls. Do you make your own toneboards? I ask because I am not to the point of making them yet and I am trying to get input on different toneboards that are out there that I can buy to try making a few open reed calls.

Yotehntr

Hey armyturner, I made the soundboards... several times!! I'm just learning myself.  went through several feet of delrin, and finally got it right. All that said it was worth it.

Yotehntr

Armyturner  I just ran across some of your calls,  :doh2:   I see your not just starting out. You make some nice looking calls!

TFM

Beautiful call,Yote.Great shape,also.
Tom