• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

WVHillbilly howler!

Started by Frogman, March 12, 2009, 04:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

Most of you have seen photos of the howlers made by new member John Martin (WVHillbillyhowler) elsewhere on the forum.  I just got back from Jon's  house.  After hearing Al howl on the howler Jon had made for him I decided I needed one of those nice cow horn howlers for myself.  Maybe I would be able to howl a little better with it and Al and my other hunting buddies wouldn't give me so much crap about my terrible howling??  Last week I saw some pictures of a couple of Jon's howlers and really liked the looks of a tan one.  Well I picked it up today.  Wow!  It is nice!

Jon was kind enough to take the time to tune the reed and tone board for me.  He even gave me some howling instruction and tips.

This howler is by far the easiest to use howler I have used.  And it is a reall looker to boot!  I have tried several different howlers over the past couple of years, some cost more than this one.  At $35.00 this is a real bargain.  I think my search for a good howler is over.  I just need to practice some with it and I might be able to toot up a coyote with it instead of scaring them all out of the country.

I still won't be able to howl as well as Al and Jon and Jon's son Donnie, but I'm hoping they will at least stop making fun of my howling.   :shrug:

Thanks Jon for taking the time to tune the call and help me improve my howls with it.   :highclap:

Jon is a very experienced coyote hunter who knows what the call should sound like.  I am so fortunate to live close to he and Al who both make some great calls.  Jon has several howlers finished and several more that he is working on.  He also has some distress calls that sound really good!  Check him out at http://www.wvhillbillyhowler.com/.    :yoyo:

Jim     
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

msmith

I may have to pony up and buy one of those too Jim. I do my best howling now on a Fox Pro. LOL.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

wvhillbillyhowler

you know i say you aint howlen unless your howlen on a hiill billy cow horn  :roflmao: :roflmao: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Caribou dreamer

You are not lying there Jim i got mine yesterday morning in the mail but black and white and all i can say i nice  :congrats: :congrats:
Very nice howler easy to blow and sounds really nice.I read somewhere not to blow it in the truck and believe me don't do it OUCH loud :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:
Good work Hillybilly
Hunt hard stay late and watch your back!

wvhillbillyhowler

THANKS MEN HOPE YOU DO WELL WITH THEM   :eyebrow: :yoyo: :yoyo: