• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Who's Spring Turkey Hunting?

Started by FinsnFur, March 15, 2016, 08:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

Jim
We are allowed two birds in the spring season.  So I'll be out there looking for another one soon.   :biggrin:

Actually, I should be tagged out now.  I missed a real nice one at 15 yards last Tuesday morning.  Long story short, his head and neck popped up to my right from behind a ridge and I was facing 30 degrees to the left from him. He saw me instantly and putted (he's going to run) I moved to get on him and fired but he did the Muhammed Ali shuffle and I missed his head. At that range, my shotgun fires a softball size pattern. There is no room for error.  He took flight and was headed to Wisconsin the last I saw of him.   :laf:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

gravesco hunter

2nd bird down 23 lbs 3/4 spurs double beard 11 inch and 6 1/2 inch                                                                                                                       

Okanagan

Pretty bird.  You captured the iridescence on that one. 

Okanagan

Quote from: KySongDog on April 25, 2016, 09:03:22 AM
Jim
We are allowed two birds in the spring season.  So I'll be out there looking for another one soon.   :biggrin:

Actually, I should be tagged out now.  I missed a real nice one at 15 yards last Tuesday morning.  Long story short, his head and neck popped up to my right from behind a ridge and I was facing 30 degrees to the left from him. He saw me instantly and putted (he's going to run) I moved to get on him and fired but he did the Muhammed Ali shuffle and I missed his head. At that range, my shotgun fires a softball size pattern. There is no room for error.  He took flight and was headed to Wisconsin the last I saw of him.   :laf:

Nobody ever misses on the internet.  :confused: :biggrin:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

pitw

A dandy bird for a fact.  Why do they grow two beards?
I say what I think not think what I say.

gravesco hunter

KySongDog

Nice one, Graves!   I hope to get back out there soon.  Life is getting in the way of my turkey hunting. 

pitw, double beards are rare in some areas and not that uncommon in others.  Gravesco is right about genetics. 

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

Quote from: pitw on April 29, 2016, 11:09:12 PM
Quote from: gravesco hunter on April 29, 2016, 03:16:36 PM
Genetics

Who's screwing with them?

Usually Tom turkeys.   :innocentwhistle:   Actually it is a way to preserve more turkeys.  Everyone ones to harvest a huge Tom with long spurs and a double beard.  That gives the little jakes and the single bearded birds a chance to continue to multiply.  Since you actually hunt and don't believe everything you read on the internet you will know that I just made that up.  For the PETA people who might visit - I lied, it isn't true, don't believe it, and finally I eat meat and love it.

Jerry

FinsnFur

...and finally. I eat meat and love it :alscalls:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers