• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Need some help with LBL coyote hunting info

Started by topdawg, September 12, 2007, 06:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topdawg

i was planing to go down to KY lake this weekend with the family, and was going to try to make a few sets at LBL.  You can use rim fires right now....cant you   :wo:

thanks for the help   
                                                                  jeremy

Also when using a little 17 hmr where would be the best shot placement, so the yote wont go far....
                           would a head shot or a heart shot be better. 
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

centerfire_223

I would go for the head shot, that is if I had a good shot. Shot placement is the key factor when shooting a .17 . Best of luck to ya.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

weedwalker

Head shot or upper neck shot. But you can also use a shotgun with BB shot. It might do better in the brush.

bushmaster

I'm a fan of the neck shot, Hit em high like weedwalker said and they wont go any where.  I'd be sketchy about an angled head shot out fear of the bullet glancing off the skull.
"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.

hammeryotes

Personally have had better luck out of the .22 mag over the years.  Lion, bobcat and coyotes.  Heavier bullet ya know. More Ft. lbs. energy at normal shooting distances. know your gun and the accuracy is equivelant.  17 grains just aint much.  Shot placement is at a premium!!!! :wink: