• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

I shot a woodchuck!

Started by nastygunz, July 08, 2010, 09:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

...multiple times with my Canon... :innocentwhistle:...afer a long grueling day at work I left the office and headed straight to a favorite spot to chill out and partake of nature a bit before heading home...the only weapon with me was my bass rod...I am sitting there relaxing taking in the scenery and greenery...and all of a sudden thar was chucks ever whar...6:30...watched 4 of them working the edge of the field...one fed right towards me until it was about 30 yards from me..that never happens when I have a gun  :argh:...kinda neat little critters to watch though:

FinsnFur

They are cool to watch.
In my 13 years of tanning, ground hogs still beared the most intriguing pelts to me. They were like too much fur for such a little critter. And to think I never tanned a one. Made that whole analysis on pictures.  :confused:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Id like to make a hat out of one and leave the feet n head n tail hide on it...Id need a trophy hog though I gotta big noggin  :eyebrow:

pitw

Hey thanks for that. :bowingsmilie:  I don't get to see many live ones :innocentwhistle:.  Kinda/sorta like a gopher on major growing steroids.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

Neat shots of the groundhogs and I have to agree that they are fun to watch.  I find them even more fun to watch through a scope - even if I don't pull the trigger.  On another matter you need to reset the date on your SX10 - it thinks the pictures were taken on June 28, 2009, between 12:39 and 12:44 a.m.   

Jerry

nastygunz

I pay no attention to the dates it restricts me as a digital artist.... :innocentwhistle:...I was watching the closest one through my spotting scope also...man they can sure suck down some greenage...I noticed they were hyper alert.....eat really really fast....hit the cover....look things over...then come out for another fast food session..the interesting part of this is that it is usually corn in that field but this year the farmer planted it in a fast growing hybrid grass to rest the field from corn and is gunna cut the grass for feed and ever snce the grass has come up it has turned into a woodchuck magnet, they are hitting it hard...Im hoping to observe one through the scope also.. :wink:

vvarmitr

Coyote Kate & I like those pix.  :biggrin:

He has that white on his nose like a rockchuck.  I don't see that to often.

nastygunz

Speaking of groundhogs...can anyone name this strapping young fella ?  :wink:

nastygunz

Heres a few more...different field:

vvarmitr

nastygunz

It is not BB....it is a long time member here at FnF though  :yoyo:....appears he might be a pretty good shot too...and he lives in Ole Kaintuck  :eyebrow:

FinsnFur

Well........  :confused: It's not Cathryn
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Quote from: nastygunz on July 10, 2010, 08:27:10 AM
It is not BB....it is a long time member here at FnF though  :yoyo:....appears he might be a pretty good shot too...and he lives in Ole Kaintuck  :eyebrow:

OK, I'll take a wild guess.  The only one on FnF from Kaintuckee that's THAT old has to be possumal.   :eyebrownod:

nastygunz

YES SIR!...good detectiving  :bowingsmilie:

possumal

Dang Semp, did you have to put that "THAT" in there?   :biggrin: :eyebrow:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

vvarmitr

Okay Al I'm dying to know about the gun & scope you've got there w/ ya.  :biggrin:
I kinda-sorta have a fetish about old varminting guns.  :innocentwhistle:

pitw

Quote from: vvarmitr on July 10, 2010, 03:54:36 PM

I kinda-sorta have a fetish about old varminting guns.  :innocentwhistle:

If you require help I'm sure there is a 1-900 number that could help your demented state :laf: :laf:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

vvarmitr

Quote from: pitw on July 10, 2010, 04:07:58 PM
If you require help I'm sure there is a 1-900 number that could help your demented state :laf: :laf:.
As for 900 numbers I got a demented ol girl downstairs fixing me supper that'll handle any problems I have there!
:eyebrow:  :eyebrow:  :eyebrow:

nastygunz

How the heck did he get those with no laser range finder, ballistics chart...or shooting table?.. :wink: